Want to buy some .300 WBY

Marion

Are you near a Cabelas? The last time I was in one (MA) they had 10+ boxes of 300WBY.

I can head up to the cabelas over in Hartford, my issue was trying to get it for under $100 a box. Just trying to get any better of a price.

You Can't Beat My Meat!

I can head up to the cabelas over in Hartford, my issue was trying to get it for under $100 a box. Just trying to get any better of a price.

You Can't Beat My Meat!

I don't think you can buy ammo in CT.

My dad sold a 300wbymag a year or two ago. Maybe he still has ammo, but I doubt it. I'll find out tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Dave, that is the sad reality it seems I won't be able to avoid. More so wishful thinking to prove myself wrong and also potentially get a deal somewhere. I knew the pricing when I got gun but that's OK I still love it, just was wondering if there were/are any deals to be had yet

You Can't Beat My Meat!

I don't think you can buy ammo in CT.

My dad sold a 300wbymag a year or two ago. Maybe he still has ammo, but I doubt it. I'll find out tho.

Yea he sold it all with the rifle, sorry.

NAAAAW...I ain't gonna say it....

Good luck with your .300 WBY... Hope it makes you happy... No sarcasm intended...I really mean that..

In all seriousness, what were you going to say? It isn't about not being able to afford the ammo, I have no problem with spending $100+ a box, it's more of a matter of if I don't need to spend that much then why spend it unless necessary.

You Can't Beat My Meat!

• Like 1

In all seriousness, what were you going to say? It isn't about not being able to afford the ammo, I have no problem with spending $100+ a box, it's more of a matter of if I don't need to spend that much then why spend it unless necessary.

You Can't Beat My Meat!

You get what you pay for. Nothing shoots flatter/faster than what you got.

I have mine in ultra lightweight. So this bad boy will kick like its its job, but that's OK. I can handle it. And yes weatherby are AWESOME rifles. I think in a couple years I want to get one of the 6mm mags for target shooting

You Can't Beat My Meat!

That's a beauty! The wood ones are definitely nice lookers! They are just super heavy. After using a lighter accumark and still being heavy on a 10 mile/day mountain hunt decided to go with the ultra lightweight. Fingers crossed it makes a difference. I can only imagine it will

You Can't Beat My Meat!

• Like 1

You Can't Beat My Meat!

He was prob going to say that its overkill or something on those lines..Anyways, I get mine at Gander down off 81 near Central Square.    I paid $80 last fall.

• Like 1

That's a beauty! The wood ones are definitely nice lookers! They are just super heavy. After using a lighter accumark and still being heavy on a 10 mile/day mountain hunt decided to go with the ultra lightweight. Fingers crossed it makes a difference. I can only imagine it will

You Can't Beat My Meat!

Yup. My Dad is 5'6" and 150lbs. He prefers the 270wby

post-871-1455673854109_thumb.jpg

I have the 7mmwbymag and love it

Dinsdale has me pegged...<<grin>>...I'm a pussy...

Hey Kid, as long as you don't mind paying $5.00 a round and having your ass kicked every time you squeeze the trigger, have a ball... To each his own..

All I'm saying is that in the REAL world of hunting, I could do 95% of what you are doing with your .300 Mag with a 30-06 with considerably less expense and fuss.

• Like 2

This 300WBY  is in a tupperware Blaser R93 stock, around mid 7 lbs sans sling and ammo.

So far the only animal I have taken with it.....180 gr TSX broke offside shoulder

IMG_0257_zpsuteq1tmx.jpg

I've owned a number of 30 cal magnums....300RUM,300Win Mag,300H&H, and this WBY. I like them, good overall performance on 300-700lb class animals that I like to hunt and at distance if required.

Edited by Dinsdale
  • Like 2

This 300WBY  is in a tupperware Blaser R93 stock, around mid 7 lbs sans sling and ammo.

So far the only animal I have taken with it.....

IMG_0257_zpsuteq1tmx.jpg

I've owned a number of 30 cal magnums....300RUM,300Win Mag,300H&H, and this WBY. I like them, good overall performance on 300-700lb class animals that I like to hunt and at distance if required.

When did you get an Iphone?

:)

Love that picture!

• Like 1

Dinsdale has me pegged...<<grin>>...I'm a pussy...

Hey Kid, as long as you don't mind paying $5.00 a round and having your ass kicked every time you squeeze the trigger, have a ball... To each his own..

All I'm saying is that in the REAL world of hunting, I could do 95% of what you are doing with your .300 Mag with a 30-06 with considerably less expense and fuss.

At 400yds I would think there's a big difference in drop, no? I haven't done the research.

Why would it kick your ass? I shoot mine in a lead sled to sight in. In the heat of the moment shooting a deer, I don't feel anything. On top of that, I'm shouldering it with a severely separated shoulder.

I'd say I shoot about 10-15 rounds before I go out west on a trip. Otherwise, I don't shoot them anyway. Why shoot guns to kill time when I can play golf or fish in the warmer months?

I guess if you really wanted a 30-06 you could get a nice weatherby 30-06.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

At 400yds I would think there's a big difference in drop, no? I haven't done the research.

Why would it kick your ass? I shoot mine in a lead sled to sight in. In the heat of the moment shooting a deer, I don't feel anything. On top of that, I'm shouldering it with a severely separated shoulder.

I'd say I shoot about 10-15 rounds before I go out west on a trip. Otherwise, I don't shoot them anyway. Why shoot guns to kill time when I can play golf or fish in the warmer months?

I guess if you really wanted a 30-06 you could get a nice weatherby 30-06.

Tommy, does Wby pay you as their rep?!? If not, I can be your agent!

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems