What's your dream rifle?

Hehehehe..Whatever floats your boat, Treeguy.. I can tell by your avatar that you like the BIG stuff.. As for 50 BMG rifles, I have stood behind the firing line watching guys shoot them from bipods AND offhand , and that's close as I ever want to get to one.

Now if you have a tripod or vehicle mounted Ma Deuce, I'd like to put a belt or two through THAT, but shoulder fired ?...No thank you !

• Like 1

Hehehehe..Whatever floats your boat, Treeguy.. I can tell by your avatar that you like the BIG stuff.. As for 50 BMG rifles, I have stood behind the firing line watching guys shoot them from bipods AND offhand , and that's close as I ever want to get to one.

Now if you have a tripod or vehicle mounted Ma Deuce, I'd like to put a belt or two through THAT, but shoulder fired ?...No thank you !

I'd rather shoot 6 Ma-Deuces mounted in the wings of an F-4U, but unless I win a couple of hundred million in the Lotto, that ain't gonna happen!.

• Like 2

OK. Since we are going big, if I could really have a dream come true it would be to push that big red button on an A10 warthog...and listen to that sweet music of the gau-8 spin off 30mm's. Ive been in earshot once, and it's absolutely breathtaking. I will have to find a YouTube link for those who know not of the greatness I speak of. Brrrrrrrrrrrt

And this one for a giggle

Edited by TreeGuy
  • Like 1

to bring this back down to shouldered artillery....

​i can't go classic and iconic because any of my choices should be in a museum for all to enjoy.  also it wouldn't be something not considered a piece of art.  so i can't justify hunting with it.

​it'd have to be something i don't need to hunt with and that i would be hard pressed to justify spending the money on.  therefore i pick a Gunwerks Verdict; 338 Norma, C04 tan camo McMillan A5 stock, stainless Sand colored Cerakote action and fluted barrel, box mag, Gunwerks directional muzzlebrake, and topped with Nightforce 5-25x56 ATACR F1 MOAR Zstop DigIllum scope.  retail is about $10,788 for the "shooting system" so definitely a dream gun.

• Like 1

OK. Since we are going big, if I could really have a dream come true it would be to push that big red button on an A10 warthog...and listen to that sweet music of the gau-8 spin off 30mm's. Ive been in earshot once, and it's absolutely breathtaking. I will have to find a YouTube link for those who know not of the greatness I speak of. Brrrrrrrrrrrt

The A-10s used to make there turn right over my house & head for the straffing range @ Camp Atterbury. Moments later I would here the brrrrrrrrurrrp. 

Edited by wildcat junkie
  • Like 2

Oh the Vulcan...  (gau-4) They ran them at Drum all the time.  The ones there hadnt been switched to the 30mm.  Same thing though.  That burp is pure shivers.  The trenches they left were truly something to see!

to bring this back down to shouldered artillery....

​i can't go classic and iconic because any of my choices should be in a museum for all to enjoy.  also it wouldn't be something not considered a piece of art.  so i can't justify hunting with it.

​it'd have to be something i don't need to hunt with and that i would be hard pressed to justify spending the money on.  therefore i pick a Gunwerks Verdict; 338 Norma, C04 tan camo McMillan A5 stock, stainless Sand colored Cerakote action and fluted barrel, box mag, Gunwerks directional muzzlebrake, and topped with Nightforce 5-25x56 ATACR F1 MOAR Zstop DigIllum scope.  retail is about $10,788 for the "shooting system" so definitely a dream gun.

You would choose the McMillan platform over the Accuracy International?  Granted, I would give my left eye for either (need the right to aim!), but I'm curious as to why you chose that way.  Either way, I applaud your choice!  That's what my wife calls a "Boner Gun."

You would choose the McMillan platform over the Accuracy International? Granted, I would give my left eye for either (need the right to aim!), but I'm curious as to why you chose that way. Either way, I applaud your choice! That's what my wife calls a "Boner Gun."

Think the ACI 1.5 is comparable but doesn't have a cheek piece. Also they're heavier I believe then an a5. I like the design better. Can't seem to get as comfortable and consistent with a thumb hole stock either despite my favorite rifle in the safe has one. That's partially blowing smoke though as I've not shot a rifle with an ACI stock. The gun has guaranteed functional accuracy out past 1700 yards. I'm fine with that. Not many places I can shoot that far anyway.