It's Official!

DirtTime

And so it begins! Don't worry your not alone. Something always going wrong or needs fixing. My last house we had a propane leak somewhere around the kitchen stove and it drove me nuts for over a year because it was such a small faint leak that you would only get whiffs of it every so often. My father in law tries telling me he smells propane at our new house too but I think he's nuts because I know I'd smell that stuff and so would the 50 other people who have been here. Shortly after we moved in the boiler crapped out, garage roof started leaking real bad, had to replace bilco doors because they were leaking water into basement. Sump pump quit and flooded about 4 inches deep in the basement. Tons of other little stupid things like broken handles and latches etc etc. I still have some big projects I need to finish by winter. Like the garage roof....tarped it back in winter time because I thought we would be getting snow and I didn't wanna do a roof in that weather. So that's gotta be done in the next month or so. My porch needs all new top decking boards. Sides and railings are almost new but for some reason previous owner didn't freshen up the deck boards. Wife wants 2 new Windows in the living room. And new French doors to replace the kinda crappy ones going into kitchen from porch. O and can't forget about the front sunroom that has huge Ancient single pane Windows that are drafty and breaking...it's a corner room that needs two walls torn out and re framed to put in some smaller Windows and a new front door to go along with the new 10x12 front porch I'm supposed to be building off the front too. My wife must think I'm like bob Villa or something I swear....

But anyways....welcome to the club man...plenty of us feel your pain! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Can't figure it out. The smell is going away, we been living here for a week and never spelled anything. I can't explain it. It smelled like auto gas or diesel fuel.

As for the dryer, we are just going to get a new one. Seals on the door are gone and it's so old it takes a lot to get clothes dried and it leaks. No big deal..

Couple pics.

post-5489-0-52686300-1468181608_thumb.jp

post-5489-0-21506700-1468181618_thumb.jp

• Like 2

It finally looks like a home! Everything has been unpacked and put where it belongs. No more boxes to throw away.

Time to relax and enjoy. What a month and a half.

Perfect. When do u want me to come over? I'll bring the beer if I can crash there

I'll get back to you on that Biz. Not sure a get together at my house would live up to the beer pong playing, pool diving, and inflated pool toy 'activities' you are used too. We are a quiet people on the homestead. LOL

Who cares? I'm in!

• Like 3

Nice you and yours are finally settled in! It's a great feeling after all the preparation and hard work! Now you can start looking for new hunting spots close by. Let me know when Biz shows up! I'll bring refreshments! Sounds like a good time!

• Like 3

Nice you and yours are finally settled in! It's a great feeling after all the preparation and hard work! Now you can start looking for new hunting spots close by. Let me know when Biz shows up! I'll bring refreshments! Sounds like a good time!

Biz show up here? LOL. If I thought he was serious I would shoot him a PM with my number.

Meeting more of the neighbors. Woman a few lots down is a hunter ( so she claims ) but hasn't hunted in a few years. Already got the 'talk', "You are not going hunting with another woman! NO!". LOL..........I honestly wasn't even entertaining the thought.

OK, LOL. You good with cheap hot dogs, homemade potato salad, homemade pickles, and homemade hot pepper relish?

Don't like any of that. I'll take a cheap burger or chicken tho.

Don't like any of that. I'll take a cheap burger or chicken tho.

City boy! Who doesn't like homemade tater salad? I am officially going to picture you in a pink dress when I read your posts, and think Malibu Barbi. Just busting Biz...

:rofl:

City boy! Who doesn't like homemade tater salad? I am officially going to picture you in a pink dress when I read your posts, and think Malibu Barbi. Just busting Biz...

:rofl:

I don't like mayo. So I don't like any of those salads.

• Like 1

Glad your getting settled in. Start taking evening rides around the area. Head west from 9w and cruise around the back roads in that area and you will see some awesome bucks. There's a lot of big boys running around in that area. Tough to get permission to hunt anywhere down there though. My buddy lives right up the road from you and has for many years and still can't get permission on much of anything. But guys I know who do have it shoot some big boys every year.

• Like 2

Glad your getting settled in. Start taking evening rides around the area. Head west from 9w and cruise around the back roads in that area and you will see some awesome bucks. There's a lot of big boys running around in that area. Tough to get permission to hunt anywhere down there though. My buddy lives right up the road from you and has for many years and still can't get permission on much of anything. But guys I know who do have it shoot some big boys every year.

The area between where rob is and S. Bethlehem, Feura Bush going out to Clarksville has some real BIG bucks !  Yup, just drive around those areas and you will see some jaw droppers for sure. Hit all the back roads!! There are still some older farm guy's that could use help with work and chores. You may have to knock on 50 doors. But all it takes is one good property and a bit of hard work to secure a big buck hot spot!!! Get off the beaten path!! Look for a place that looks like it could use a helping hand!! No it aint easy gaining permission. But nothing worthwhile ever is.

• Like 3

Just got my truck back running Sunday. So might start taking evening drives. Right now just getting used to things. Met a few of the neighbors, so far most get silent when I have brought up hunting. Probably because I'm the new guy on the block.

There are a few fields I do plan o driving by, corn and what looks like a few natural funnels leading towards creeks.

Edited by ....rob

Finally able to put some my Bills collectibles out ( and buy more now that I have a spot for it ).

:clapping:

Can't post of the pics of my digital art here, but some of that will be printed, framed, and hung in my office now as well.

post-5489-0-53461300-1468958409_thumb.jp

Edited by ....rob
  • Like 1

Finally able to put some my Bills collectibles out ( and buy more now that I have a spot for it ).

:clapping:

Can't post of the pics of my digital art here, but some of that will be printed, framed, and hung in my office now as well.

Sorry to see that must be hard.....lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The area between where rob is and S. Bethlehem, Feura Bush going out to Clarksville has some real BIG bucks ! Yup, just drive around those areas and you will see some jaw droppers for sure. Hit all the back roads!! There are still some older farm guy's that could use help with work and chores. You may have to knock on 50 doors. But all it takes is one good property and a bit of hard work to secure a big buck hot spot!!! Get off the beaten path!! Look for a place that looks like it could use a helping hand!! No it aint easy gaining permission. But nothing worthwhile ever is.

That's the exact area I was attempting to describe! Lol. My parents live right outside Clarksville on 443 on 18 acres and my old man had one hell of a nice buck on a camera there last year but never saw him the couple times he hunted. There is some impressive bucks running around for sure. If I didn't have the land behind my house to hunt I'd be knocking on a lot of doors down in that area!

• Like 2

On 7/22/2016 at 6:59 AM, The_Real_TCIII said:

I need to send you a Yankees glass as a housewarming gift before your new neighbors get the wrong impression...

Um, no thank you. Mets fan here. A Yankees glass would just serve as a target for the next time we are at the range. LOL.

As for the neighbors, the few I have met so far haven't mentioned sports much, but, the guy kiddy corner from us is a Bills fan. Liking that. He says he throws his hat at the TV too. The people on the other drive are having a get together with a big Packers flag hanging. Puke!

As for knocking on doors, that is the plan to start next week.

Weather permitting we re driving over to Lawson Lake to have a look at it. Hoping it might be decent bass fishing, or at least some nice pan fish.

• Like 1