Where would you put stands

Chef

I just made a offer on this land and was wondering where you all would put stands, I know it's hard without scouting, but I've never really hunted land with a river bottom before.... There are two 40+ acer corn fields just off the top left corner of the pic 2e2c9fdb5c375cf5a8c08b220c527146.jpgeeb7118f0ac4d69fc6bd9b7db18d137f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without knowing wind direction, food sources, bedding areas , sign ,observed travel of deer and such , going just on the 30 seconds I looked at the pic.

Id try the pinch point between the bend in the river and that house.

• Like 4

Wind direction would be great help.. but pinch behind house is a good spot to start esp if they have dog or hunt themselves.

I would then walk the creek looking for crossings. They either bed or will use side hill benches for travel, find where one narrows and you will have another pinch point to scout and hunt, entrance routes will dictate where you can put stand based on wind direction..

To often we want to hunt the best sign only to spook and scent up the area and ruin it before we can hunt properly.. it's the most overlooked problem I see most hunters do, it may have great sign but if you can't get there without spooking everything out its worthless to spend time there, better to have better access over less sign and get your game while they are unaware

• Like 3

and still very easy to interpret

I agree with Larry302 ,Rob and Gman though. Wind direction, walk it, river crossings and pinch paths are a great start. Good luck with it this fall.

PS Charge your phone !! 3 % battery left :rolleyes:

. Hahah I plugged it in right before I posted

Without knowing wind direction, food sources, bedding areas , sign ,observed travel of deer and such , going just on the 30 seconds I looked at the pic.

Id try the pinch point between the bend in the river and that house.

. Between my house which you can't really see in the picture or the big white one off my land that you can see