Leaf Blower Recommendation

Stihls are unbeatable. My buddy has a lower end professional model backpack blower that he picked up years ago, and it always runs great. Ive used that one and the hand held models and the difference between them is huge. Id suggest just going with a backpack blower because youll most likely end up wishing you did after a while anyway. I have a hand held one and Im always borrowing his when I need to do a bigger job.

Stihls are unbeatable. My buddy has a lower end professional model backpack blower that he picked up years ago, and it always runs great. Ive used that one and the hand held models and the difference between them is huge. Id suggest just going with a backpack blower because youll most likely end up wishing you did after a while anyway. I have a hand held one and Im always borrowing his when I need to do a bigger job.

I hear ya. But I only have a 1/2 acre and not a ton of leaves since I got mostly pines in my backyard. Looking like I will go with the professional grade BG 86 from Stihl.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

I have a John Deere blower that was made by Echo, this year turns 20 years old. Never had to do anything to it, just saying.  But every time I'm done mowing I get the blower out and do the driveway, side walks, back patio, and even blow off the tractor and mowing deck. I find it very useful.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been  graced by my neighbors 5 maples dumping all their leaves on our yard and driveway the last couple of days. And I mean all of the leaves. They barely get any. We don't even have a tree in our backyard. I swept the driveway leaves back into their yard the other night when it was dark." D" move but I already snow blow them out each time as we have a double driveway we share. I did blend them in well so they couldn't tell:rolleyes:  I'll be borrowing my dads electric blower soon to deal with the garden and yard. From what I remember this thing "blows" and not in the way it should.

I'm very happy with my Stihl. Off from work today and did the backyard. It works great and saves a ton of time.

imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20161107%2F8c2502dfcc41b9f56e01603f6126f7c6.jpg&key=a97c1203b2af2066021181ce5f181549cc19508da26f21303c8fcbfe0ebaba78

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you say you're still using your Stihl? *insert hipster laugh here*

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1