Thoughts on Ameristep Brickhouse Ground Blind?

Never bought a blind before. Thinking about buying 2 of these for the new land this year. Seems like they get good reviews and are on sale right now. Anyone have one?

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/761672/ameristep-brickhouse-ground-blind-75-x-75-x-67-polyester-realtree-xtra-camo?cm_mmc=pf_ci_google-_-Hunting+-+Blinds+%26+Furniture-_-Ameristep-_-761672&gclid=CI-SlLK6pc4CFUUHvAodDuIBjg

i do, only problem is the frame poles tore through the bottom pockets where they go.....which may be my fault for some reason or another but other then that it's roomy and comfortable.

Cool thx. I bought my first 2 blinds ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Some day we'll get you up in a tree now !!

3 treestands already on the property. Don't want to deal with worrying about straps and harnesses etc.

Almost pulled the trigger a few times on Summit Viper, but didn't want to deal with hassle for the 5-6 days I hunt per year

I bought one of those "little Buddy" propane heaters from Cabelas  to go with it for those really cold days..............a comfortable seat and some warmth make an all day sit very doable.

I hate the cold. But Never had it cold enough in NY during deer season where I couldn't sit all day. Those base layers from under Armour work wonders.

13 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

3 treestands already on the property. Don't want to deal with worrying about straps and harnesses etc.

Almost pulled the trigger a few times on Summit Viper, but didn't want to deal with hassle for the 5-6 days I hunt per year

I got a little lazy last year with the crossbow and sat myself on the ground instead of my treestand......the buck I was after decided to pop out about 5 yards next to me.......no good, back in the treestand after that.

I hate hunting blinds.  Feel so trapped by them with very limited visibility.  It would have to be raining to get me in one.  The harnesses aren't bad Biz.  Buy a pair of the spiderweb bibs.  Very comfortable and the harness is built it.  Piece of cake.

BTW - get those blinds in early so the deer are accustomed to them.  Tough to set a blind and hunt it immediately with success.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 2

I hate hunting blinds.  Feel so trapped by them with very limited visibility.  It would have to be raining to get me in one.  The harnesses aren't bad Biz.  Buy a pair of the spiderweb bibs.  Very comfortable and the harness is built it.  Piece of cake.

BTW - get those blinds in early so the deer are accustomed to them.  Tough to set a blind and hunt it immediately with success.

Putting them in later this month same day I plant a small plot of clover. Thats really only reason I got them. Otherwise I would hunt rest of property against a tree and move in position for a shot when need be. I don't like being restricted either. I like be able to move 10 yards or 100 yards in order to get a shot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I hate the cold. But Never had it cold enough in NY during deer season where I couldn't sit all day. Those base layers from under Armour work wonders.

I got the UA 4.0 base layer upon your suggestion. Simply awesome. Also have Smartwool top and bottom that I've always liked but this UA is better.

they're good.  ends of poles and fabric will get beat up on any blind in my experience.  I prefer the other ameristep blinds with the full height longer verticle windows if there's a down hill grade in front of you.  their fabric I think doesn't hold up to snow load as well as say the heavy canvas double bulls.  if you leave it with heavy snow coming it might stretch a bit.  if it sits there a while.  ameristep blinds are good though.  don't use blinds much for deer as their set it up and leave it for the most part.  brush in 3 sides with windows closed and leave one side open.  haven't figured out if there's a difference brushing in the open side or not.  if you're bowhunting it should be there a while or deer should coming in to it blind from around a corner.  they seem to always figure out something's there to me.

• Like 1

I got the UA 4.0 base layer upon your suggestion. Simply awesome. Also have Smartwool top and bottom that I've always liked but this UA is better.

Yup. I use 2.0 in NY deer season because it's always like 20s at worst. Only used the 4.0 in Minnesota (-21) and British Columbia (around 0).