Clothes dryer crapped out...

philoshop

It's a Bosch electric that was gifted to me by my sister a few years ago for doing work on her house. They ended up needing a stackable set-up.

Anyhow, there's no heat. I found some trouble-shooting info on-line and it seems like the heating element is going to be the likely culprit. I haven't actually gotten into it with the multi-tester yet, though, and I'm hoping for a circuit-breaker/reset button to magically appear. ;-]

Anyone here have any appliance repair knowledge and/or recommendations for parts suppliers when the time comes?

My dryer went a few years ago and I used http://www.appliancepartspros.com/.  They have videos that help you troubleshoot the problem and instructional videos showing how to replace the part.  It literary took me less then two hours to change the motor on my dryer with their video that shows step by step instructions.  I am not sure what models they sell parts for.  Hope this helps, good luck.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, philoshop said:

I

1 hour ago, growalot said:

We fixed ours ...actually rebuilt it ,new caskets ,wire harness.switches ....there really isn't much to a dryer once taken apart...ours is gas

Growie -- I didn't know there were "caskets"  in Dryers . :taunt: