2010-2011 Winter of Discontent and 2011 Deer Season - What can we expect?

wztirem

Well that was short lived :( ...due to get 12+ in. and the deer knew it....one actually.... opened the hay barn door and ate 1/4 bail of hay yesterday....I followed it's prints in my tracks ...to the grain bin and then to the hay barn...never noticed that happening before...but it explains all the hay on the ground....I kept wondering how I was dropping so much feeding the goats... :;)

well after the mild winter last year and the big bucks taken prove it. i expect the buck to not come out of this winter in as good as shape so the horns won't show much improvement this year.... unless global warming kicks in soon i think were headed for a mini ice age... when will this snow stop.....

well after the mild winter last year and the big bucks taken prove it. i expect the buck to not come out of this winter in as good as shape so the horns won't show much improvement this year.... unless global warming kicks in soon i think were headed for a mini ice age... when will this snow stop.....

I think this is where we will see how valuable the acron crop was to the deer this year. Thank goodness for the acorns!

i think the deer here on the island will be just fine. we had an unbelievable acorn crop this year and there is plenty still on the ground! i am looking forward to seeing how this season pans out but deer herd wise, from what i see looks good around here.