When to put out bait piles

Jeremy K

All I know is gander mountain in Middletown is an hour from nj, maybe a little less. Why is it that there's tons of bait shelves n they're always mostly empty? I think a fair amount of guys break the law. It's a shame cause their unsure of their ability imo. I know a buncha guys will say they'd do good anyway but have a small piece they'd love to draw them onto. Not enough time for scouting. Sure none of ya all do but I say it's not hunting even in states its legal 

Where my dad lives salt licks are legal to put out something like 30 or 60 days before season, but you can't hunt    directly over them.

Otherwise no baiting (corn, apples, etc)

If you think that is odd, there is no hunting on Sundays (or buying alcohol), but you can fish on a Sunday while drinking the beer you bought on Saturday (as long as you are not driving [car or boat]) there. Just don't confess that is why you missed Sunday morning service.  You could be admonished for it, or be asked "take me with you next Saturday".