Just Finished My 2010/2011 Season Highlight Video!

TheFieldArcher

Thats NJ! No big deal, certain areas of NJ have population problems, that is why there is no bag limit on doe... all the bait does is give you a great shot so they don't run through the yards where the kids and anti's are if ya know what I mean... but bait, don't really mean anything, I was in the double digits yearly before it was legal, never thought about it until they legalized it.

Great video fieldarcher. If your area has a major pop problem i support you using bait to take more deer and especially since u some of them thats great. Did you guys forget what politicians do when hunters cannot control over population? They say hunting cannot control the population so there is no use for it and cancel seasons and call in sharp shooters to kill tons of deer. I support using bait in over populated areas like NJ. What i do agree with you guys on baiting is the "professionals" using cmere deer on shows to bait deer, that i hate.

How many deer to take this year?  Anyway, I saw you used a crossbow for some of the deer....was wondering if you get some info about hunting deer with a crossbow? Im looking to get into it next year....what kind of crossbow? arrows? etc.....how far were the crossbow shots? how far did the deer run? etc...Thanks!

How many deer to take this year?  Anyway, I saw you used a crossbow for some of the deer....was wondering if you get some info about hunting deer with a crossbow? Im looking to get into it next year....what kind of crossbow? arrows? etc.....how far were the crossbow shots? how far did the deer run? etc...Thanks!

I have a Parker Enforcer, it is very loud and the deer jump the string because it is so loud (I aim for the heart and hit them in the lungs), I would not take a shot over 30 yards with it... but I did just get the new string suppressors Parker released for it to help with the noise, I have not shot it with them yet... so no feedback for you there. Crossbow arrows are called "bolts" and I use the Lumenok bolts... but I have also shot the Easton Razer bolts and they both fly the same. If I was going to buy a new X-Bow today, I would get the Horton Vision, it is balanced better and it is much quieter. I watched every deer drop with the crossbow, I shot 7.

thanks for the info....I have gift cards to Cabelas....I see the crossbows they carry are Parker, Barnett, Horton, and Excalibur....what you think? still the Horton? I have read good things about the quality of Excalibur and there not being any mechanical issues....

Horton Vision has some horrible reviews

honestly anything under $1,000....I see on Cabelas.com Excalibur has those packages for around $800 or less.

Go for the Parker Tornado. Does Excalibur have a anti dry fire trigger? Parker has it... I actually thought I would never really need it, I mean what idiot would shoot their x-bow without a bolt loaded? right? Well, yours truly almost did it, I shot a buck and when I got to it it was still alive, so I cocked the crossbow before I went up the hill to finish it off, when I got up there I put it in the scope and "click", I looked at the x-bow... oops, with all of the excitement I forgot to load it... I would recommend the anti dry fire, it saved my x-bow!

Don't get the Enforcer, I have it, very loud and I just shot it with the new Parker suppressor kit that is supposed to quiet the x-bow... I didn't notice any difference IMO.

Suppressors002.jpg

I like them. IF (and thats a big if) I bought a crossbow, it would probably be an Excalibur. I have read a ton of great reviews on them. I have looked at them a bunch of times and the fit and finish is great. I have yet to shoot one though.

If you watch Deer City USA, they do toss them around and bounce them off the ground, then shoot them. That was a commercial for them though, so who knows.