Just a heads up on Sales receipts

fasteddie

Bought a few items at DICKs today . I was watching as the clerk rang things up . The item that came up wrong was some scent free laundry soap . It had a tag for 2 for $10 so I figured $5 wasn't bad and was going to get it even though I don't really need any at this time . It rang up at $7.98 and I told the clerk that it was 2 for $5 . She said , you have to buy 2 to get that price and I told her I didn't want it . I know it was only a difference of $3 but the point is , check the prices on your receipts or you might get ripped off . 

Same things go for clearance items . On occasion , they ring up regular price . 

• Like 2

3 bucks obviously isnt much, but its the principal of it that its bothering. Although sometimes the cashiers are given wrong info. I bought a camo sweater from gander a couple weeks ago that was on sale for 20 bucks and when it was rang up It came up as like 24 or 25. When I told her, she had no clue and fixed it right away once she confirmed it. 3 dollars here and 3 dollars there adds up so its always important to read the receipt once done.

I once went to a restaurant downtown and paid the bill with a credit card.  Bill was something like $85 or so.  A few weeks later, I checked my credit card statement and noticed that I was charged around $120.  I called the credit card company and told them what had happened.  They asked if I had kept the receipt so that if they wanted to see it, I can show it to them.  Fortunately the receipt was still in my jacket inner pocket.  I told them I had kept the receipt.  They said ok, and credit me back the money.  From that point on, I make sure to keep all my receipts and compare it with my credit card statements at the end of each month.

• Like 2

As I stated , $3 isn't a lot but if it happens enough times , it all adds up .

Almost always if an item is listed as "2 for $10" you would think that 1 would cost half as much ( $5 ) , but apparently this doesn't always take place . The clerk told me that Wegman's also does this . I check my sales slips a lot closer now .

Sorry if I bored some with the posting but I was bored . 

• Like 1

As I stated , $3 isn't a lot but if it happens enough times , it all adds up .
Almost always if an item is listed as "2 for $10" you would think that 1 would cost half as much ( $5 ) , but apparently this doesn't always take place . The clerk told me that Wegman's also does this . I check my sales slips a lot closer now .
Sorry if I bored some with the posting but I was bored . 

I've run into that alot. Redbull is almost always 9on sale 2 for 5.33 or something but if u buy 1 it's 4 something. Lays chips another one it happens alot with

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Elmo said:

I once went to a restaurant downtown and paid the bill with a credit card.  Bill was something like $85 or so.  A few weeks later, I checked my credit card statement and noticed that I was charged around $120.  I called the credit card company and told them what had happened.  They asked if I had kept the receipt so that if they wanted to see it, I can show it to them.  Fortunately the receipt was still in my jacket inner pocket.  I told them I had kept the receipt.  They said ok, and credit me back the money.  From that point on, I make sure to keep all my receipts and compare it with my credit card statements at the end of each month.

I did that for years without incident and then slowly quit doing it.