Favorite Hunting Book

kpkot

Not a hunting book per se, but one of the best outdoors books I've ever read. Written in 1907, the advice is still relevant for anyone who ventures into the woods today. I reach for this again and again.

Camp and Trail by Stewart Edward White.

And for all the 15-year-old kids who dreamed of living off the land in the Catskills, My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George is the bible.

Edited by left field
  • Like 1

Even though it's practically a kids book I still read Where the Red Fern Grows every few years. Also The Yearling is an amazing book

When I was teaching elementary school I would read Where The Red Fern Grows with my students every year. It was always difficult holding back tears r3ading to the kids. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

When I was teaching elementary school I would read Where The Red Fern Grows with my students every year. It was always difficult holding back tears r3ading to the kids. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I had my kids read it, they loved it until the end lol, came stomping in to see me about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1