This weather

Paratrooper395

A lot of guys take this week off, and look forward to it all year ( me included ). It's been so windy that the deer are mostly hunkered down and for good reason, they just can't hear or see with everything moving like crazy due to steady 25-30 mph winds. It's not been very enjoyable hunting, but it sure beats a day at the office!  I hunted sparingly today and am resting up, because things should be really good pretty soon. Light winds on Wednesday and maybe they will die down a little tomorrow afternoon too. 

I hardly ever see much movement after opening wkend. And I hunt hard! I get out for at least a few hrs every day. The weather this yr is special!! I think it keep a lot of guys in the house or camp. So I'm hoping thanksgiving thru the wk end is good! This is why I miss bow season! Deer were moving natural and once the cannons come out movement stops. And I was talking to a buddy who has a camp and he said fri before the opener was nuts. Guys on the hill were shooting tanarite and having fires andriding 4wheelers! Shooting guns all night! So I would say that stuff also slows down movement. They know the woods ain't normally this busy. Just my .02 

• Like 1

Tomorrow looks similar to today minus the precipitation. Hopefully they will be moving, as I plan on spending some time out tomorrow. Deer can't hunker indefinitely. Pretty nasty Sunday and very nasty Monday. I am hoping at some point they will get up to eat, though the wind may wash their tracks away. Wednesday does look really nice with low winds and also no precipitation.