So what's a really big doe

moog5050

I shot a giant doe, years ago when I was in my early 20's. I never had it weighed but its girth was huge, it had a very long body and snout and its teeth were worn right down even with the gums. Guys I was with guessed that it was 150- 160 lbs, but I bet it was bigger than that.

5 hours ago, Fletch said:

..... was 160s and she was a BIG girl. She was leading a small herd. Bad part is she was obviously the matriarch doe and the deer back here completely changed their usual patterns after that. Took me a while to adjust after years of predictable movement.

Same situation for me this year! Ugh...! Shot her Oct 15th . She had few teeth left and no clue how big (#), but heavy for sure. Last I saw of that doe family's typical travel route or pattern for the rest of this year's deer season. Also obviously had some influence on my general lack of buck sightings in that area after the girls changed their habits &/or home range.

687e4be849b540934dcdc52ade800567.jpg
Shot this big girl last year opening morning.....we didn't build the meat pole tall enough to hang and get a scale on the deer. That project of making the pole higher is on the to do list for the near future. Assuming she was pushing 150....but all I can tell you is she dwarfs that buck that was doggin her.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

687e4be849b540934dcdc52ade800567.jpg
Shot this big girl last year opening morning.....we didn't build the meat pole tall enough to hang and get a scale on the deer. That project of making the pole higher is on the to do list for the near future. Assuming she was pushing 150....but all I can tell you is she dwarfs that buck that was doggin her.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Now thats a telling pic! that buck is probably in the 115-130 range and that doe dwarfs it!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Now thats a telling pic! that buck is probably in the 115-130 range and that doe dwarfs it!

Maybe but I would say 90-105 on the buck. The doe for sure is big, my guess would be 140+. It's tough to judge doe because they can be deceiving the way they are shaped. 

And on the properties that I hunt a big doe goes 125 and up. My biggest was 135 taken in Greene County, I have taken many in the 110-125 range. 

• Like 1