So what's on the agenda now that hunting is over

rob-c

I have to add after this morning, boot blankets, hand muff, better cold weather mask then the neoprene one I have now, and making sure I have put gas treatment in my truck to make sure it starts when I get out of the wood on days this cold. Glad I keep some in the truck for emergencies, or it would have been an fn cold wait for a tow truck.

Getting ready for maple syrup.......  Adding more tubing to get more taps, replacing drop lines and taps, clearing dead fall off tubing, setting woods tanks, hooking up the vac systems, cleaning equipment and tapping.   Its a year long process that gets sidelined during big game season.  Long process.

• Like 1

Whacha mean hunting is over?

Now its time to go for grouse, rabbits and squirrels. Get out in the woods and see what the deer are doing and read the story in the snow. Practice outdoor skills: a nice afternoon jaunt , practice some firemaking skills, roast some venison over a fire, ....

Few things are more fun than stalking winter squirrels with a scoped 22.

• Like 1

After the Holidays are over , I plan to start shooting my compound in the basement over the winter months and do some reloading .

I still have to go to my sister in laws property in Geneseo and remove a Dog House Blind . I might even remove the hub blind on my raised platform rather than leave it out all year . I will do this when it warms up a bit as I don't want to do it when it is freezing and the material would be brittle . 

I also need to clean up my den in the basement and sort out a lot of "stuff" . 

If only I can get my Butt unglued from this chair ! :rolleyes:

I still do a bunch of bow shooting and thinking about buying a new one. As usual, I will probably just stick to my old lights out bow because it always does the job. My brother has talked me into getting back out ice fishing and showing him how to find fish on the bigger lakes. I haven't been out in a few years.

I spend a lot of time with my wife and friends that we don't see most of the summer because of dirt racing and demo derbies. We go out to eat on the weekend for one night, and do a lot of visiting and hosting. I really try hard too because it takes a good woman to like someone that has so many hobbies in the spring-fall time frame.