History channel the "Vikings" season finale

maytom

I have been watching the show since it first came on, and was wondering if anyone else thinks that Ragnor is still alive?

When they checked that pit they threw him into with all those snakes, there wasn't anything down there? You would of thought at least a skeleton or his clothes? What happened to all those snakes too? I'm thinking that some how he escaped and will appear on the next seasons show. What are some of your thoughts on this?

• Like 1

One of my favorite shows! I've also watched it since the beginning, but haven't seen this week's finale yet - don't post spoilers please!

I'm thinking he's in Valhalla like Meat First said. The series has been following the historical account of Ragnar very closely so far. According to the historical account, the sons of Ragnar have a prosperous future after taking over for their father.

What a brutal bunch though, aren't they? I can't watch that damn blood eagle stuff! Holy crap!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, maytom said:

Yeah, brutal or what!!! Holy cow......what they did to that king was mind boggling

It was even worse when Ragnar did that to Yarl Borg. As Borg was a Viking, he couldn't scream (or he wouldn't go to Valhalla). He wasn't even restrained, he just let them do it. And this stuff was really done way back then. Just F'n brutal!

Love this show too.... according to one of the sagas Ragnar didn't die the first time, they threw him to the snakes again and for good but I think who would do that since Aella and Eckbert are gone (Eckbert died like a wuss BTW). Sagas were not always true but who cares, this is an awesome TV show.

SKOL...!!!

IMG_0348.jpg

• Like 1