BassMaster classic

First-light

Cool stuff!  In my dreams, I've fished the Classic, with a eight pound lead on the last day! I've settled for cashing in on local tournaments, now and then. Just to ride along with any of the pro's, as a Marshall,  would be an awesome experience. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

That's very cool! How'd he get that gig? Did he fish the circuit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has done a number of tournaments in N.Y. actually his wife was a marshall once. They draw from a pool but I don't know how you get in. I'll ask though.

• Like 1

I've only fished local tournaments. But have done so, on and off for many years. On days when I did well and was carrying a heavy bag to the scales, I felt like KVD! Can't imagine how it must feel to fish the classic! But from talking with guys, who have some experience fishing larger tourneys, it's a grind. And not all glitz and glamor. Guy's sleeping in their truck and so forth, with very limited sponsorship. For every pro in the top echelon of fishing, there are thousands struggling to make a check. Me, I just prefer to keep it simple and fun!  And limiting my Classic dreams to the deck of my boat.

• Like 1

Love it there's a lake I fish out in finger lakes area that has guys sleeping in their trucks a couple times per summer. Me and my brother bring out 14 foot aluminum out once ina while because family has a cottage on this lake. They can't believe when two guys in a 14 with a 20 horse outboard are pulling fish from the weeds like crazy haha. Been fishing that lake for many years .

• Like 2

Congratulations to Jordan Lee! On winning the Bassmaster Classic! This young man came from way behind on day one, and dealt with a broken motor (lower unit), on the final day, then had to hitch a ride early to weigh in! Way to deal with adversity and keep your head in it to win it! The future of big time bass fishing looks bright!

• Like 3

I was there with my buddies...We trailered a small boat down and were doing a little fishing and chasing anglers all over the river......We followed Iaconellie around for the most part of one day deff was sweet watching him work up close!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was there with my buddies...We trailered a small boat down and were doing a little fishing and chasing anglers all over the river......We followed Iaconellie around for the most part of one day deff was sweet watching him work up close!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I met Mike, cool guy. From NJ (I think)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk