Question for you 3D experts

moog5050

Funny how you have to use a 30 or 40 yard pin at 5 yards or less, most do not know this and wonder why they shoot high when the deer is directly under them. 

I forget every freaking time. We get to one of those and we are all trying to remember how to shoot it. 3 yards is 40 yard pin for me. Also if you get to the club and see someone shooting a target butt from a few yards you know there's a close one out on the course lol. Tip of the week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I did the 80 yard challenge first shot was low (Was not sure where my pins was set.) and the 4th shot I pulled up on a bit those are the high and low shots rest are not bad for me.   (Real yardage was actually 78 yards.)  Pic 01

Second round was a bit better but my left and right was a bit off, think I have adjust my sight slightly to the left as I am hitting left mostly.  Pic 02

Last shots where at 30 yards using my first pin that is now set to about 39 yards.  First shot was low but I was real happy with the second two!

Form still needs some work along with my neck and back!  Arg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

• 1 month later...

outdoor 3D should be into full swing by this weekend.  a league open to anyone that i'm in starts this coming week.  i've got to defend my title.  looking to attend some local club shoots too.  not sure i can commit to the NYS championship series west or east.  too much on my plate and too expensive to attend multiple shoots per week.

On 4/6/2017 at 7:00 PM, NFA-ADK said:

I did the 80 yard challenge first shot was low (Was not sure where my pins was set.) and the 4th shot I pulled up on a bit those are the high and low shots rest are not bad for me.   (Real yardage was actually 78 yards.)  Pic 01

Second round was a bit better but my left and right was a bit off, think I have adjust my sight slightly to the left as I am hitting left mostly.  Pic 02

Last shots where at 30 yards using my first pin that is now set to about 39 yards.  First shot was low but I was real happy with the second two!

Form still needs some work along with my neck and back!  Arg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

What poundage bow are you  shooting ?

I shoot the synergy with the intention of using it for hunting and 3D . The heavier then normal arrow for 3D is one factor i can't really afford to change. I'm using a 3 pin adjustable to try to do both . My pure is 28 inches and 62 pounds for 3D and shoots 285 with the lighter arrow.