Age this one

moog5050

1 hour ago, stubby68 said:

Where did I say I do not take photos? I said I do not pose in the pics. I feel it is disrespectful to pose over any kill I have made. The only point being made is that you ether can't or do not read. You have tried to say I said so many things that I never said it is ridiculous. Stop spinning what is said. Actually not spinning the words are being replaced with your own.

Grampy  I never said I do not respect the animal. I just do not get excited like others do. I have pics of every animal I have killed. I can recall each hunt and kill when looking at those pics. The memories are there. I have never gotten excited over hunting. It is something I do and enjoy doing. My heart does no race I don't not start breathing hard. I see the animal and I just think you are dead. They provide food for me. That is it. I am in the woods more them most work in a year. I see these animals all the time when season comes around I kill them for food. That's it no excitement never have figured out why others get that way. To each there own. I do not begrudge some one getting excited. Actually when i see it i sometimes i could feel the way they do about it.The thing is that in my eyes there is nothing to get excited about. It is nothing to be sad about. Excitement just is not in me.

You know what Stubby, I apologize for coming down hard on you.  Yes I strongly disagree that the posted buck would be a 1year old anywhere in NY, but you are entitled to your opinion.  There was no need for me to get defensive about it.  As much as I try not too, I still have moments where I get annoyed and let people know.  My apologies.  

• Like 3

I have to be honest here I have looked and double looked and gone back to "professionals" charts ..and I said I thought it could be a 1 1/2 . NOW most agreed with me on that original picture of moogs, and I am seeing a smaller deer in the next pic.a bit more bulk in body.

What I would like to see is WNYbowhunters opinion and some of his known 11/2  yr. Olds..to be honest I do not believe anyone here has shown the quality and over all mass in ny deer as he has from his area.

Stubby, I'm not looking for a reason to roast you, it seems you and I are on different ends of the spectrum but... I have to ask, if you don't get excited, feel nothing toward hunting other than filling a freezer and view it as a job to do, why are you on a hunting forum? Most of us are here to share knowledge, learn, celebrate each others successes, live vicariously through others while we can't be in the woods etc... It's strange to me why someone who seems undriven, uncompassionate, or otherwise unamused by hunting to follow a site about hunting so closely? I'm honestly just curious.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, moog5050 said:

You know what Stubby, I apologize for coming down hard on you.  Yes I strongly disagree that the posted buck would be a 1year old anywhere in NY, but you are entitled to your opinion.  There was no need for me to get defensive about it.  As much as I try not too, I still have moments where I get annoyed and let people know.  My apologies.  

No apologies need. But thank you. I too said a few things that were not need and I apologise. If we didn't up set a blow up once and an while we wouldn't be human.it is in our nature to do that when we someone disagrees with us. We all feel we are right and being told we might be wrong weather we are or not gets our dander up. I admire the fact you do not hold back. I would rather have some come straight a time me then dance around. Being cool about things is not a bad thing but sometimes going straight at some one is good for both sides. FIS and I have done the same thing no worries there either.I am sure it will happen again and I welcome it.it may not seem it and I know I do not post it but I respect a lot of the things you say on here as I do everyones.I actually learn a lot from everyone on here.we just all have different opinions.

I can Handel it so any time you need to just let me have it. I would have left here along time ago if not. Or at least I would never post anything. Things like this make me think about my views and even if I do not change them I still need to rethink them every now and again.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Stubby, I'm not looking for a reason to roast you, it seems you and I are on different ends of the spectrum but... I have to ask, if you don't get excited, feel nothing toward hunting other than filling a freezer and view it as a job to do, why are you on a hunting forum? Most of us are here to share knowledge, learn, celebrate each others successes, live vicariously through others while we can't be in the woods etc... It's strange to me why someone who seems undriven, uncompassionate, or otherwise unamused by hunting to follow a site about hunting so closely? I'm honestly just curious.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I like hunting. I like talking about hunting. I also like to hear others views and opinions on hunting. I like to learn new things about hunting. This is a good place for all of that. Just because I do not get excited about hunting does not mean I do not enjoy it. I just can not get excited about it. There are a lot of things in life that excite others but do not affect me in anyway.. I did get excited a little when my grandson was born.however when my son was born I said yep that's nice. His mother told everyone that was more then she thought I would do or say. Just the way I am wired

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, stubby68 said:

I like hunting. I like talking about hunting. I also like to hear others views and opinions on hunting. I like to learn new things about hunting. This is a good place for all of that. Just because I do not get excited about hunting does not mean I do not enjoy it. I just can not get excited about it. There are a lot of things in life that excite others but do not affect me in anyway.. I did get excited a little when my grandson was born.however when my son was born I said yep that's nice. His mother told everyone that was more then she thought I would do or say. Just the way I am wired

Wierdo...... lol ..just joking..:taunt: glad all is well in our little world.

• 2 weeks later...