Breaking News

5.9cummins

I can one up that..........................I stopped at the local market in town tonight, bought 1/2 gal. milk and a lb. of ham for sandwiches.................................9.89

The girl at the register thought she was being funny and said she was going to call the police, I looked at her funny, she says to me.............well thats a steal. I looked at her and said I would by glad if she called, because I just got ROBBED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She didn't think that was funny.

Almost 10 bucks for milk and lunch meat.........................holy crap. Pretty soon gas will cost as much as milk........................................think about that one.

FDXX75

I don't know where you guys do your grocery shopping,but Pricechopper has the deal going where when you buy your food there,you get money off your next gas up. It go's month to month I think. It adds up rather quickly too. My wife gets over $1.50 off a gallon when we fill up. Think about it! I think it is for up to 20gal...Sunoco stations are the ones that honor it,if they are a participating member.....you just give the tendant your Pricechopper card and fill up. The money off/gal is adjusted for the first 20gal. We do this quite often here in Pa...but I filled up at the Central Square exit at the Sunoco and they were a participating member at that station...so it works in NY as well.

I don't buy much at the gas stations except gas, as everything else is over priced. I will grab my milk at Wegmans as it is $2.09 a gallon. I have to drive by it everyday and ways. As a matter of fact my wife has been buying more groceries at Wegmans as they are a lot cheaper then a super Walmart. She is saving almost $20 a week on the stuff that we buy every week. The basic items at Wegmans are cheaper, where they get you if you buy the Specialty items.

???  l can remember when gasoline was $.249/gal.  The following examples DO NOT imply that gasoline is cheap; it just illustrates how outrageous some prices have gotten over the years....

Compared to Gasoline...

16oz of Lipton Ice Tea @ $1.19 = $9.52/gal

16oz of Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice @ $1.25 = $10.00/gal

20oz of Gatorade @ $1.59 = $10.17/gal

16oz of Diet Snapple @ $1.29 = $10.32/gal

9oz of Evian Bottled Water @ $1.49 = $21.19/gal (and buyers don't even know the source)

7oz of Whiteout @ $1.39 = $25.42/gal

12oz of Brake Fluid @ $3.15 = $33.60/gal

4 oz of Pepto Bismol @ $3.85 = $123.20/gal

6oz of Vick's Nyquil @ $8.35 = $178.13/gal