Whitetail wisdom

sodfather

On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 9:18 PM, sodfather said:

Seen this on another sight. Worth checking out picked up some good info.

Watched this video a dozen times great stuff. He has a few good videos of how to create buck beds.

16 hours ago, rachunter said:

thank i thought so,i looked it up it's some kind of horse mineral.

same mines and company but sold in different clothing.  it's basically rock.  Redmond Rock is marketed to equine/farmers.  Trophy Rock marketed as deer minerals, but the exact same stuff.  As Trophy Rock it's even available crushed up into finer pieces in bags.  any farm animals with a tongue seem to like it and then i've heard the same for deer.  it's got more in it like calcium, phosphorus, and other minerals that many of your trace mineral salt blocks normally don't have.  for farm applications those minerals are important for quick weight gain and bone strength.  Plus if i used cabelas bucks i could buy discounted toward the end of the season and could throw it out in the show animal pasture for free.  Redmond Rocks are expensive as a lot of equine associated stuff is.  i think the jury's still out if it'd even significantly help wild deer though.  from what i've seen on hunting shows it pulls them into trail cams good.

• Like 1