Almost hit another turkey

nybuckboy

For the second time in about the past 10 days I had a big tom fly into my truck. Both times I was going about 30-35 mph and it launched itself into my path. The first time it flew within 10 ft of my windshield and flew across my path. Yesterday one started to launched itself on a run and stopped in mid air and dropped back down about 5 ft from running into the front right fender. Both times scared the crap out of me.

Glad they missed..I had 2 Canadian geese fly into my windshield. Took out the windshield on the drivers side..

What saved me was seeing their feet and dropping sideways to the passenger side. I took an ambulance ride to the Canadagua ER the van got towed. Sheriff tried to accuse me of speeding because of the extent of damage. The guy that called the ambulance and police was taking out his garbage and saw what happened. I was under the 35 speed limit with my brakes on  before the hit. Man glass in the eyes and the seatbelt left a hell of a bruise when I pulled side ways ducking. He told the cop he couldn't believe I had hit my turn single and pulled over so fast...Lol my hand hit the lever and my dodging right naturally pulled the steering wheel right as I slammed my foot down harder on the brake pedal. People don't realize how much damage such a bird(size) can do. BTW my wind shield didn't brake in little square pieces it made long nasty shards and it's butt made a funnel impression  right at face level. Things to think about....

My buddy was driving down a back road with a state trooper behind him. Turkey flies out. Buddy smacks it with windshield . Bird tumbled off his car into trooper car. Trooper had the nads to pull him over and give him a ticket for flipping him the bird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Few years ago I took one out at the bringing of the Irondequoit Bay bridge .

Coming off 590 in the left lane doing I'd guess 65 ish , rounding sweeping curve and there it is 1/3 of the way into my lane .

These guys were in my front yard the other day, I guess I could have run them over, they sure didn't care about my beagle going nuts or the guy pulling his kids in the wagon......

image.jpeg

• Like 2

For the second time in about the past 10 days I had a big tom fly into my truck. Both times I was going about 30-35 mph and it launched itself into my path. The first time it flew within 10 ft of my windshield and flew across my path. Yesterday one started to launched itself on a run and stopped in mid air and dropped back down about 5 ft from running into the front right fender. Both times scared the crap out of me.

I guess that's one way to get them and you save ammo. And the DEC can't give you a ticket for shooting too close to a road or a house.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk