Gun Dealers Bust

hunter

Hey guys, I don't know how many of you saw the news regarding a sting operation in Nassau County involving undercover investigators videoing owners explaining what would make an AR 15 illegal and then arresting five men for selling the dreaded assault rifle. At her press conference the DA went so far as to say these assault rifles were being put in the hands of children.??? Legal sales with proper computer checks are being labeled as putting assault rifles in the hands of kids. Really? There is no real crime here that we have to demonize honest FFL dealers. I know most of these guys and consider some friends and I can tell you one is a retired cop and another has a brother who is a cop and a father who is a retired cop who help at the store. Most of them employ cops as workers also. These guys are as honest and legit as any. One victim is a sponsor here South Shore Sportsman in Merrick, the others are TNT gunnery in Seaford and Floral Park, Colliseum Guns in Uniondale and Hunter Sports in Massapequa. Please visit these victims of a PC hoax and spend a little money or donate to their legal defense fund. I know I will.

I fully realize that what NYS deems an assault rifle is nothing more than a cosmetic issue.  The problem is that if gun dealers need to be aware of this and they should be very careful in what they sell and what they say to buyers when they sell them about modifying them cosmetically.  I don't know all the facts in this case, but I do know that these so called "black" or "tactical" type guns are the hottest sellers these days in the gun industry and are the items that are keeping the majority of dealers afloat.  You walk into any gun shop and there are more of these types of guns than there are traditional hunting guns.  You even look at hunting magazines these days and they look more like soldier of fortune magazine than they do hunting magazines.  If gun dealers want to sell these guns in this state they need to know the law and abide by it.  The law may be stupid, but it is the law and they need to follow it and not get caught mocking it while they are selling these weapons to consumers.  That's my take on this anyway.

Steve, I don't want this to turn ugly but I just want to suggest it may have been "entrapment" and exagerrated. Last you say they should not get caught mocking the law. I disagree, they can't get caught breaking the law but mocking a law you don't agree with is your right. I think telling someone a shotgun barrel is supposed to 16" or longer to be legal is just relaying facts. If someone cuts it shorter to make a sale then it is a crime. I have no use for these type of weapons but I believe this is harassment because even if found innocent these men will have to pay high legal fees and that's what I feel is the real motive.

I surely doubt any 'secrets' were revealed, any any 1/2 brain with internet access could get the same info..

Rice likes headlines, she has ambition, and the entire DA's office & budget behind her, so she'll use it as such..

The Naushus County DA is pissed that their 'colored' gun law got smacked down by the State Court. So the county set out and entrapped as many dealers as they could. The DA is banking that the county has deeper pockets to out spend any defence the victims can wage.

I hope, for the sake of every law abiding gun owner in the country, that the Nashaus DA and her henchmen get spanked again!