LOOKING FOR!

im looking for a meat grinder so i can cut up my own deer next year. Would like to start doing it myself so i dont need to pay 85$ for every deer i take to the butchers. I know how now but need some stuff to do it. Let me know what u have and ur prices. Im only 15 so i will have to start mowin lawns again soon for some money to buy one anyone got one forsale??? or some nice meat cutting knifes? i have some but not the ones to process the whole deer. Thanks

I bought a DEXTER 6" Sani-Safe wide boning knife at Pagliuso's Meat Market in Ontario for $15 . He said that's what they use in their business . High carbon steel blade . Check with your local butcher .  About 3 years ago I purchased a meat grinder at DICK's for $50 on sale at half price . I have put a few deer through it .    Check Amazon.com for grinders  http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_5_26?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=meat+grinders+for+home+use&sprefix=meat+grinders+for+home+use 

446, go to u tube & type in deer butchering there are a couple real good videos that show the tools needed & how to do it. It's not to hard just time consuming if done right but well worth it to do it your self. Cut all the fat & silver skin off for good taste.

I will add to the already mentioned items, (go with an elec. grinder from Dick's, WalMart, etc) I would go with a boning knife over a "fillet" knife, two different blades (shape and structure)

I am guessing you already have a descent knife for skinning, but would highly recommend buying a good quality meat saw at least 18-20 inch blade.

I started out using a hand crank grinder and bought an elec. one @ 4 yrs ago at Dick's, wish I had just spend the $60.00, 20 yrs ago.

FDXX75

I started doing my own this year, it wasnt bad. I have one of the Gander Mountain electric grinders, works great. I bought it on Black Friday a couple of years ago for $40 or something like that. I also picked up a set of knives at Gander, and they work great for me. All together, I have less than $100 into the equipment. I also use a vacuum sealer, which was a Christmas gift one year. Thats about all you need. If you want to make minute steaks, you can get a hand crank cuber for pretty cheap as well.

a gringer is one of dem ting-O-majigs what we billhillys dun uses obut in dem tings ya now.

heyuk heyuk. ;D

GAME ON!!!!!  hahaha

One-Shot got me . I figured he had typed too fast and had misspelled Grinder . Then again , I think he just bailed himself out . ')'>alt=Laughinghttp://www.downsouthhuntingforums.com/images/smiles/newrollinglaugh.gif[/img]

My wife bought me a set of Outdoor Edge knives for Christmas . They are supposed to be fairly good .

I had also bought a Wusthof Boning knife with leather sheath on EBAY for $17.50 plus $9.99 shipping . I had the winning bid . Saw some with some real high prices so I think I got a deal .

The biggest problem I have with butchering my own is that I have arthritis in both hands . It is rather difficult to pull off the hide and grasp the "silver skin" to cut that off . But ..... I get it done .

p.s. --- the air skinner doesn't work very well on a deer that has been field dressed ! alt=screw uhttp://www.downsouthhuntingforums.com/images/smiles/pissed.gif[/img]...alt=screw uhttp://www.downsouthhuntingforums.com/images/smiles/pissed.gif[/img]

I will add to the already mentioned items, (go with an elec. grinder from Dick's, WalMart, etc) I would go with a boning knife over a "fillet" knife, two different blades (shape and structure)

I am guessing you already have a descent knife for skinning, but would highly recommend buying a good quality meat saw at least 18-20 inch blade.

I started out using a hand crank grinder and bought an elec. one @ 4 yrs ago at Dick's, wish I had just spend the $60.00, 20 yrs ago.

FDXX75

Just to clearify the "meat saw" statement.................I was referring to a hand saw, not an elec. band saw table top model. You could use a reg. rip/crosscut saw or a hack saw but I feel a good meat saw is money well spent.

I use mine for 5-6 cut locations per deer and it makes quick work of the situation.

FDXX75