He keeps popping in.

WNY-Hunter

4 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

You just said legal for cattle but not for deer, after a statement like that I figured you knew what you were talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know the answer. It's my bad for not understanding the minerals. I have already taken care of that. Luckily they were only out for just over a week. It doesn't need to be a pissing match. I screwed up, I fixed it, I would like to move on.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

You just said legal for cattle but not for deer, after a statement like that I figured you knew what you were talking about?

lol. I don't know the answer to the question you asked "What if they are in the same spot?" Do I know if its legal to shoot deer over a site meant for cattle or deer eating out of your silage, no. Is putting minerals out for deer illegal? yes.

Edited by mattypotpie8S

lol. I don't know the answer to the question you asked "What if they are in the same spot?" Do I know if its legal to shoot deer over a site meant for cattle or deer eating out of your silage, no. Is putting minerals out for deer illegal? yes.

That's kind of my point. I'm not trying to be an ass I hunt cattle pastures very often. I'm just curious.

1 hour ago, mattypotpie8S said:

If you have cattle on the lands you hunt you can put out the minerals where ever you like. Of course you can hunt where you like and have no control where the cows and deer use the minerals.

Lucky Buck makes a great cattle mineral...

Edited by Four Season Whitetails
  • Like 1

Legal for your cattle fields, illegal in the woods for deer

Once agin this quote makes you sound pretty sure of your self now you're saying call dec. To be honest I couldn't give a shit less what DEC says. I own 200acres and 95% of it is pastured I'm sure as hell going to hunt any of it I want to. From your post you make it sound like I'm breaking the law by putting mineral blocks in the woods for my cattle.

It sounds like you're talking out your ass because you don't have a clue.

A Master Baiter. I don't buy the "I didn't know" excuse. Anytime I hunt a different state I check the regs, so to cheat in your home state and make that sorry excuse is pathetic.

This is isnt your first first year I assume, so are you proud of all illegal ones you shot? Why wait till October, Might as well shoot them now. Illegal is illegal

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

From your post you make it sound like I'm breaking the law by putting mineral blocks in the woods for my cattle.

It sounds like you're talking out your ass because you don't have a clue.

"Illegal In the woods for DEER" you've quoted me saying that a couple times now..

This could have been an honest mistake or not. It seems like if you hunt and have a farm one would be well versed on the laws pertaining to both, but mistakes do happen. 

So, there is a loop-hole in the "No Baiting Deer" laws. All I have to do is hit the lottery, buy a hundred acres of land and a cow. I can put bait all over my land! After all, it's for my cattle, not the deer.

Interesting, never knew that. Will be buying a Quick Pick in the AM. <--- sarcasm ( sort of )

What's the deal on goats? Can you put these mineral blocks out for goats? I'm not joking here, I am asking this with 500% sincerity!!!!

:dontknow:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ....rob said:

This could have been an honest mistake or not. It seems like if you hunt and have a farm one would be well versed on the laws pertaining to both, but mistakes do happen. 

So, there is a loop-hole in the "No Baiting Deer" laws. All I have to do is hit the lottery, buy a hundred acres of land and a cow. I can put bait all over my land! After all, it's for my cattle, not the deer.

Interesting, never knew that. Will be buying a Quick Pick in the AM. <--- sarcasm ( sort of )

What's the deal on goats? Can you put these mineral blocks out for goats? I'm not joking here, I am asking this with 500% sincerity!!!!

10 minutes ago, ....rob said:

This was an honest mistake, a law enforcement officer saw pics of my buck and said I should get this rock and put in front of gthe trail cam and set it to video to better see what we are looking at. If I had been trying to break the law, I never would have come out and said it was there. Yeah I screwed up, ignorance is not an acceptable excuse. As soon as it was pointed out to me, I hopped on the gator and removed it. What more can I do. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, WNY-Hunter said:

This was an honest mistake, a law enforcement officer saw pics of my buck and said I should get this rock and put in front of gthe trail cam and set it to video to better see what we are looking at. If I had been trying to break the law, I never would have come out and said it was there. Yeah I screwed up, ignorance is not an acceptable excuse. As soon as it was pointed out to me, I hopped on the gator and removed it. What more can I do. 

I am by no means trying to suggest anything. You corrected it, like I said, mistakes do happen. Nothing more you can do.

I still want to know about the goats though.

Edited by ....rob
  • Like 1

Don't lose any sleep over it man. People screw up stuff every day, life goes on. Unfortunately we live in a world that's full of people who love to jump down the throats of those who make simple mistakes. Personally I think it's how you react to a mistake that sets the tone for how it should be viewed. You fixed it so no biggie.

And rob, I would think that goats would count as livestock and mineral for them is legal. I guess I could drop some mineral blocks out in my neighbors cow pasture and hunt the edge lol. Neighbor would prolly love me giving his cows free minerals
  • Like 1

Yes you could rob..though when we had goats it was considered best to give them free choice bagged goat minerals inside thier barn...goat minerals were a bit different than the cattle blocks beef and dairy guys use. Mr B built me  6"x6"2ft gravity feeder for the corner of their barn wall...set high enough so they couldn't deficate in it...and yes they would and did everywhere...lol They didn't have those " Himalayan rocks", Natural Horse mineral rocks", andTrophy Rocks everywhere like now.

BTW...That was your first mistake...Thinking  a cop would have knowledge of conservation laws. We've seen here over the years conservation officers have problems with them....LOL:wink:

Edited by growalot
  • Like 2