Anyone clover getting eaten already?

sethf11

I put in a few micro plots of clover and they are already getting eaten down to nothing. I realize they are small and don't take much to get eaten fast. Just thought it would of held out for 2-3 more weeks until the opener. Here is photos of the plot 4 weeks ago and then again today. Luckily I have a few other plots that haven't gotten hit yet and one right next to this one that is like 2 weeks behind in growth. Hopefully that one holds out for the opener. This should grow back a bit right? Or is there a problem and it not healthy?

There are a good amount of deer tracks in the dirt in and around it.

368cc1b672ad15ac0e7735ca4624ae89.jpg08d7921410b835579686ded26f4cbeb8.jpg

• Like 1

A plot that size could not sustain deer nor regrow fast enough even with a minimal deer population.

It's not there to sustain. There is a 40 acre cornfield that is 200 yards away and an 30 acre field of Alfafa 250-300 yards as well. Just thought I would give some micro plots a shot this year back off the fields.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it just died. Who knows. See what the camera picks up in the next 2 weeks before the season starts. This is my first attempt at any plots or micro plots. Maybe I just had some higher hopes. Fun nonetheless and I enjoy trying and learning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1