Last Night It Hurt.........

Lawdwaz

7 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

I just took a couple shots and it's not any worse, livable for now. 

Doc: I have it set at 52-53lbs.  I don't know if you're going to suggest lowering the poundage but for now I'll be sticking with it unless there's a total functional blowout. 

Yeah, I was hoping you might have some room for dropping some pounds off the draw weight, but it doesn't sound like you have much room for changes there.

I have kept my practice sessions down to a couple dozen arrows each day. I don't want to risk any injuries either.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Buckstopshere said:

Best of luck! My shoulder was killing me when I tried to pull back my bow a number of years ago, especially when in a tree stand and a weird angle. So I switched from right-handed to shooting a lefty bow. No prob now. Made the switch slow...and lots of practice, a few arrows a day. 

Wow, that's pretty drastic!  Glad it work for you Oak..........I wouldn't be surprised if I could do the same as I've always been a pretty good switch hitter when it comes to long guns and baseball bats.  :)

The only fly in the ointment is BOTH arms/shoulders are equally bad. :(

On 9/23/2017 at 6:49 AM, TurtleFace said:

What about acupuncture? I got carpal tunnel from tieing rebar and a combination of things didn't really do a whole lot until I added getting needled into the mix.

About 10 years ago I screwed up my back turkey hunting, trying to carry one out in my turkey vest...dumb. Twenty pound bird, wrenched my back. Anyways...I tried a chiropractor first...no luck, then pills from my Dr. to relieve the pain...no luck...just dulled it a bit. Finally went to an acupuncturist. I was sceptical...but will try anything. Instantly! felt better in a couple days I could straighten up for the first time in three weeks. I do not understand it...how putting needles in my ears, hands and arms could help my back? But I don't really care. It worked when the other two disciplines didn't. If....or should I say when I develop another chronic pain, I'm going to the acupuncturist first!

• Like 3

Glad to hear it helped you out so much. Oftentimes people don't give it the chance it deserves because it wasent a miracle solution after the first session, meanwhile it's perfectly normal to take antibiotics for a week and a half without batting an eye for example.

Edited by TurtleFace
  • Like 1