Turkey Hunt Weekend

buffalojay83

Can't wait to get out there early tomorrow am!  I've seen turkey every time I've been sitting in a tree hoping for a deer this fall.  So, naturally I'll see my bucks tomorrow while I'm sitting there with my shotgun looking for a turkey.  They've been very noisy in the ams the last few weeks so I'm hoping they stuck around.  Well hopefully I'll be able to post a nice pic of a hermit gobbler tomorrow....

• Like 1

I hope everyone here gets a fat jake or a hermit gobbler.  Now one thing that has not changed since 1990 is the fact that I will get very little sleep the night before a Turkey Season Opener.
I know what you mean. No matter what I'm up all night laying in bed like a kid oin Christmas eve haha!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I went for turkey with my 12 ga. in my honey hole turkey spot on Saturday, and saw a bunch of deer, no shooters - a young small buck and a doe with her 2 fawns.  Not a single gobble all morning.  So Sunday I went up in a tree with my bow and right at sunrise a big loud gobble!   Dammit!!!!!!!!!!  Then a while later a pair of gobbles and some raspy yelps. not a deer in sight that day wth, go figure!  Well I'll try again this friday dusk maybe and then Sat and Sun.

22 hours ago, buffalojay83 said:

I went for turkey with my 12 ga. in my honey hole turkey spot on Saturday, and saw a bunch of deer, no shooters - a young small buck and a doe with her 2 fawns.  Not a single gobble all morning.  So Sunday I went up in a tree with my bow and right at sunrise a big loud gobble!   Dammit!!!!!!!!!!  Then a while later a pair of gobbles and some raspy yelps. not a deer in sight that day wth, go figure!  Well I'll try again this friday dusk maybe and then Sat and Sun.

My daughter and I joke about that. We see lots of deer during turkey season and turkey during deer season. Never fails.  Yesterday I took out the turkey gun and not a peep. Youth deer season we heard birds 2 of the 3 days   The other day it rained so hard you weren't going to hear anything.