bad cam?

sbuff

I've got a Moultrie M880I that that states no memory when different SD cards are placed in it  . It shows the photo count on the display as 0/2000 per say but some time later it must die and then it says no memory  . The past two cards in it have produced no images at all .

Any thoughts ?

I've got a Moultrie M880I that that states no memory when different SD cards are placed in it  . It shows the photo count on the display as 0/2000 per say but some time later it must die and then it says no memory  . The past two cards in it have produced no images at all .

Any thoughts ?
When my Moultrie was doing that it was because the batteries only had enough juice to show that info, then when it came to take a video it would not work.

Changed batteries with new Duracell and works great

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Call moultrie. They will probably tell u to use Duracell bats. Do it rite there on the phone and tell them the results. They r good abt replacing cams under warranty with me anyway. U may get a new cam in the mail soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, sbuff said:

Any thoughts ?

Sdcard can be encrypted if the small button on the left side of the adapter or the card itself is down, push it all the way up and that will fix your problem if the camera is good. That's exactly what will give you no memory with a working sdcard . Some cams easily bump that little switch down when they are ejected. 

Usually a fatality sign.

Multiple cards, fresh batteries, formatted...if no hard reset option available, then the cam is toast. You got your money's worth out of it and then some. For non-cell cams, I expect 1 year of operation for every $50 spent, when in the elements 100% of the time.

Do you know if any type of hard reset on that model phade?

I think for sure I got my money worth ,I run my cams all year long outside in the elements of the tug hill ..They have come a long way since this one in 2011 .