Land Price Per Acre

BBDEric

Make sure you don't let your emotions dictate though. Look at it realistically. I agree with Grow about it being smart that the land was purchased to eliminate future problems with ROW. However, keep in mind if it is i the middle of everyone else's property, they also have lots of potential access to the land you are considering. You might want to check the neighboring land owners out a little first. I would not be afraid to offer lower, but that is just me. You can always come up, and like most everything out there for sale, Cash is King. 

6 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Sounds like a trespapassers paradise.  Hopefully everything goes smooth for you.

With one access rd and the layout I agree.  It's good you're close by tho BBD... Are the adjacent properites hunted?  Also what kind of machinery can you fit back there?  Any farmers to lease to? Nice to have very close land like that, good luck

To me it all matters if you know this land well and know any neighbors. It would suck if every property surrounding it had a stand or two a few feet from your lines. Or a couple buildings could restrict where you could shoot from if within 250 or 500 feet. Just a few things to think on.

If you are satisfied and want it. 1500 an acre sounds fair.

• Like 1

Deceiving on the map... any guesstimate as to the physical size of the woodlot, where you'll be hunting. Looks to be 2x as long as it is wide, so 25ac = ~750' x ~1500'. That ain't big, considering it's bordered on 3 sides by neighbor's woodlots. 

On 12/5/2017 at 4:47 PM, BBDEric said:

Not ROW owner bought 2acres for 9k a few years ago to conect it

ROWs are all different, but they do raise a red flag for me, esp it being ~750' off the road. Written ROW maintenance agreement or not, if owner of ROW won't share expense you think maintaining access needs, you're SOL. Property is landlocked, right!?! JMO!

Just me, but I'd get permission as a potential buyer & walk the property line now that leaves are off. May reveal some hidden concerns on adjacent properties. IE; tree stands, ATV tracks, foot traffic paths, litter, no deer signs, etc.

Sorry, didn't mean to rain on your parade... LOL