Same old issues..ar's or not

G-Man

16 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

So my taxes aren't as good as yours because I want AR's? We all pay state taxes and if we hunt we all buy licenses your license fee doesn't mean anything more than mine or my wife's. 

You are right. so take the deer that makes you happy and let them take the deer that makes them happy. See how that works. What you want if for them to only take the deer that makes you happy

• Like 4

Heres how I feel about legislation like this.  Laws are meant to protect people, society, and the means of the people.  Does this pass the old test of liberty....which is....does this law make you more or less free?  Does the govt need to decide for everyone how big of a buck to shoot?  The answer is no.  I will always be against further legislation to rule over the decision of free people. And I can't see any reason to pass a law so that a few people think they will have a better chance at a big buck.  Legislation is always restricting and this is no different.  It limits someone from taking the buck they are comfortable with and there is no NEED for this to be a law or regulation.  It is a personal decision not a mandated one.  And people are still free to decide if they want to pass on smaller bucks.  Leave the legislation for matters of more importance than having my neighbor shoot a 4 point.  (And I am saying this as a guy who passed on a spike, 4 point and a 7 point and ate both my buck tags) it was my choice and I will always side on making it personal choice before making it a mandate. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Heres how I feel about legislation like this.  Laws are meant to protect people, society, and the means of the people.  Does this pass the old test of liberty....which is....does this law make you more or less free?  Does the govt need to decide for everyone how big of a buck to shoot?  The answer is no.  I will always be against further legislation to rule over the decision of free people. And I can't see any reason to pass a law so that a few people think they will have a better chance at a big buck.  Legislation is always restricting and this is no different.  It limits someone from taking the buck they are comfortable with and there is no NEED for this to be a law or regulation.  It is a personal decision not a mandated one.  And people are still free to decide if they want to pass on smaller bucks.  Leave the legislation for matters of more importance than having my neighbor shoot a 4 point.  (And I am saying this as a guy who passed on a spike, 4 point and a 7 point and ate both my buck tags) it was my choice and I will always side on making it personal choice before making it a mandate. 

You got my vote for the best post in this thread so far. 

For those who think NY is the worst state for deer hunting, my suggestion would be to think about a move.  I will miss them though, because I have appreciated lots of those "sub-par" bucks that they have passed on, through their years of suffering.  It is not all about me though, and they also deserve to be happy.  I wish them the best in those greener pastures.  I will gladly welcome them back, if they don't find enough of those big impressive racks that they are searching for.   

I will admit that I was almost on the AR bandwagon for a while.  As soon as I discovered that it did nothing to improve hunter safety in PA, I was done with it for good.   The time of the big antler craze has past.   Meat is where it is at today.