Neighbor Vol. 2

Five Seasons

I agree with Culver. This is a longgggggggg road.

Belo you and I are same age/education/demographics, and at this point in my life, I'd be inclined to facing reality and making a concerted effort to locate more reliable hunting grounds that do not carry with it, this degree of a Sh!tshow. I have less time than ever before, and as a result, the time I do have to hunt, is much more valuable to me. The ROI on your spending even one more second worrying about this or trying to think of a solution is wasted time on getting a jump on 2018. Too many data points indicate that your time and focus on this situation reduces your degree of success in 2018 - and not by filling tags, but by enjoying all aspects of what you get out of hunting. Your focus should 100% be on finding new/better ground. Worst case scenario, something plays out in your favor, and you have more ground to hunt on. Best case scenario, you experience what we all think will happen in 2018 for this current ground, and you have the foresight to have good ground to hunt and enjoy. Don't spend the energy and time? Well, then you are a fool, and should know better, and spend more time dealing with the guy then enjoying hunting.

Plus, if you locate ground, then guess what? NOW you can have the conversations with him and the owning family with minimal to lose. Poking the bear now does little.

• Like 1

I know this isn't what you signed up for... but it is what you should always expect as a possibility when you hunt someone else's land. Short of telling the fella exactly how you feel about everything that is bothering you... I don't see this getting any better in the future.

I agree completely with Phade. Over the years you have spent more and more time complaining about how neighboring hunters handicap your hunting for a lot less than this. The problem I think, is that you don't want to be away from your wife and kids for any length of time. It's a tough call for you, but if you want to enjoy your hunting, you may have to go elsewhere and spend weekends bowhunting and/a week at camp. I don't know what your answer really is, but in your heart, you know this is going downhill in a hurry. 

I feel for you. In the last couple years, I have lost my favorite bowhunting farm due to Amish moving into the neighboring properties. Only took one season to turn into a shitshow. I have not been back. My number 1 farm this year had tons of deer, but I never saw a mature buck all season during the daylight there. 

The earlier you can get on top of this, the better off you will be. Otherwise, your enjoyment is going to disappear in a hurry..