Saw the first good bucks

growalot

I've been seeing button bucks...just little scruffers but this past weekend I had 3 really nice buck walk past the front porch from the size of the necks...length of body and girth of chest ....If they hang around it should be a promising year ;D

WOW, they are growing! i didint think they would be showing like that yet

That's what you get from well fed deer in a deer farm, not like the deer we hunt almost starved to death through the winter.

Dave

WOW, they are growing! i didint think they would be showing like that yet

That's what you get from well fed deer in a deer farm, not like the deer we hunt almost starved to death through the winter.

Dave

Yeah, I hear that. I saw a little nubbin' buck out back this morning with bone barely breaking the skin. I'm guessing these bucks have celebrated quite a few more birthdays already compared to him, but that's what most of us are faced with in the real life hunting world.

There was also a fresh dead doe piled up along the inside edge of the enclosure..., so even the most controlled environments aren't immune to nature taking it's toll.

What I couldn't get over is the height of the browse line compared to outside the fence. There ain't a leaf within 10-15 foot of ground level. They've been at this for a while apparently.

All in all, it's cool to see when things get slow around here and keeps me occupied, so I aint complaining! :P