Florida governor signs gun restrictions 3 weeks after attack

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/school-shooting-calls-released-gun-bill-governors-desk-53627118

The article states “Nevertheless, the bill raises the minimum age to buy rifles from 18 to 21”. 

So what is the actual age of “firearm maturity”?  Will they raise the age of enlistment in the Armed Forces to 21 years of age to ensure the military only have those who have achieved “firearm maturity”?  I hope it never happens again, but what age will the politicians raise the age of “firearm maturity” if another violent sociopath commits murder?

“Gun Control” is best explained with the true statement that “Insanity Is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results”.

There is also a 3 day waiting period on this bill.  Cuomo is already batting his eyes at the safe act part deux!  Expect these same regs to be introduced here very soon.  

NRA filed a suit against them, but prob merely a speed bump, but they did try. This will also prob pass federally as well.  But Cuomo will beat that to the punch I am sure. 

I see all this talk about the age to BUY guns, but nothing about people under those ages from USING them. As I understand it, I can hand a kid a gun at any age and let them use it.......Is that correct or not? I hope so or Florida has just dealt hunting a lethal blow in that state.

• Like 1

I do not understand how this country has not standardized the age of adulthood already.  Legally, an adult must be a certain age.  It's either 18 or 21 in this land.  Isn't that age discrimination?  How can one be considered legally able to sign contracts, vote, join the military or get the death penalty at 18, yet not be able to drink a beer?  So stupid it's crazy.

On 3/11/2018 at 8:25 AM, Doc said:

I see all this talk about the age to BUY guns, but nothing about people under those ages from USING them. As I understand it, I can hand a kid a gun at any age and let them use it.......Is that correct or not? I hope so or Florida has just dealt hunting a lethal blow in that state.

i believe that is correct. Despite my displeasure with this, it should not affect the father taking his kid hunting, to the range or even buying a gun for his son or daughter. 

I'll be honest. Of all the things that could have come out of this, if I were a florida resident this isn't that bad. It should affect them very little. Compared to the safe act's affect on us. Again, I do not support it, but it could have been a lot worse. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Belo said:

i believe that is correct. Despite my displeasure with this, it should not affect the father taking his kid hunting, to the range or even buying a gun for his son or daughter. 

I'll be honest. Of all the things that could have come out of this, if I were a florida resident this isn't that bad. It should affect them very little. Compared to the safe act's affect on us. Again, I do not support it, but it could have been a lot worse. 

But that does not really stop Harry Highschool from taking the gun that his dad bought for him to school, does it? So it make me suspicious that there is more to these age change proposals than meets the eye. Perhaps some wording that involves "possession and use", and not merely purchases. It certainly is something to keep an eye on when Cuomo and his merry band of gun-raiders propose this change here in NYS (and you know they will).

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

But that does not really stop Harry Highschool from taking the gun that his dad bought for him to school, does it? So it make me suspicious that there is more to these age change proposals than meets the eye. Perhaps some wording that involves "possession and use", and not merely purchases. It certainly is something to keep an eye on when Cuomo and his merry band of gun-raiders propose this change here in NYS (and you know they will).

stopping harry high school from grabbing his dad's gun is ON US. if you have kids or teens in your home, ESPECIALLY troubled teens then you need your guns locked up. Hell, even without kids your guns should be locked up. Your house gets robbed when you're not home and that's more illegal guns on the streets. 

But to your point, that's why i think this was more to shut people up then it ever was about preventing violence. It doesn't change much, but some groups will feel like their voice was heard. Still the shame here is on law enforcement and the fbi.

Edited by Belo