Micky Mouse Boots

Doing a search on the site , I didn't see much on the Micky Mouse Boots . My feet get cold hunting and I have tried other boots . My wife got me a pair of the remote battery operated foot warmers that I will try this fall . My brother in law just retired from the Army Reserve after serving 36 years and retired as a Warrant Officer .

Anyway , I visited him yesterday and we were talking about hunting and cold feet . He said his feet never get cold while wearing the Micky Mouse Boots . Does anyone have any experience with these ? Plus's and minus's ? 

I am still wearing a pair of surplus Mickey's that I bought from SG many years ago ..They are the warmest boots I have worn..

However they are fairly heavy and bulky  and it seems that usually my Mucks are plenty warm enough, so the Mickeys don't et nearly as much as they used to..

My father in law has used them in the winter, mostly standing on a concrete floor in an unheated dairy barn, for many years, and he swears by them.   He uses colder-rated, but slightly bulkier white ones on the really cold days and nights.   About 12 years ago, he gave me a new pair of the black ones for Christmas.   They were so goofy looking, that it took a long time for me to give them a try.   5 winters ago, after my feet got cold one too many times while wearing my old felt-lined packs, I decided to give them a shot.   The last time I used them was last winter, on a dawn to dusk sit on the last Sunday of ML season, when the temp was in the teens the whole time.  My feet have never got cold in them, with just a light pair of wool socks, even during long motionless sits on a stand.   I don't find them too bulky or heavy for walking, and the traction they provide has been very good on all surfaces, especially up in the Adirondack mountains.  

The waterproof feature is nice, but they are low and only good to about 12".   I needed to traverse a deep and wide ditch at home several times last year, to retrieve a doe that I shot on the other side.  I put one foot down in a foot of water, took as long of a step I could into about two feet of depth in the center, then another step into a foot on the other side.  By moving as fast as I safely could, and because the boot fit tight around the ankle, I managed to pull that off twice and stay dry.  Unfortunately, the rope I had tied to the dead doe snapped while she was still on the opposite bank, forcing me into two more crossings.   By the fourth one, the submerged foot got wet and I was thankful for the wool socks.   

They are the only boots I have used for hunting in cold weather hunting for the last 5 years , and are showing no signs of wear.   I have no reason to consider any other type of boot for cold weather hunting (I am going to leave an long plank next to that deep ditch out back thru hunting season from now on and use that as a bridge).         

Wore them while I was in the army their warm just have to wear lighter socks then what they issued cuz when your feet sweat no matter how warm there eventually gonna get cold. But we were in training and moving and walking quite a bit and maneuvering not just sitting in a stand. There also really bulky sometimes the air pressure knob is broke and will not compress.