Recommend a air line bow case, please

rob-c

48 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Pelican makes a new one with the air lock and all that I understand is very sturdy for around $65 on amazon.

Wow....that would be amazingly cheap for a Pelican anything.......got a link? Plano maybe?

FWIW I'm using a Pelican 1720 for a takedown rifle and can fit my Hoyt inside; but I notice SKB cases have more width by a few inches for an easier fit.

I hardly see any older style SKB "Hunter" cases with the exposed buckles on the flights overseas last few years and wouldn't go that way IMO.

6 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

Wow....that would be amazingly cheap for a Pelican anything.......got a link? Plano maybe?

FWIW I'm using a Pelican 1720 for a takedown rifle and can fit my Hoyt inside; but I notice SKB cases have more width by a few inches for an easier fit.

I hardly see any older style SKB "Hunter" cases with the exposed buckles on the flights overseas last few years and wouldn't go that way IMO.

I am sorry disdale it is a Plano that is supposed be near. the quality of a pelican.  See if I can find the link. 

15 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I am sorry disdale it is a Plano that is supposed be near. the quality of a pelican.  See if I can find the link. 

Found a weight of 14 1/4 lbs.......thats less then SKB or Pelican by roughly 4-6lbs.

Like you said, lots of positive reviews.

My heavy duty aluminum and Pelican cases have a few serious scuffs, I'd like to see one of these Plano cases. Pad lock area maybe looks a little light IMO. But it'd be nice to trim some weight sometimes.

6 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Found a weight of 14 1/4 lbs.......thats less then SKB or Pelican by roughly 4-6lbs.

Like you said, lots of positive reviews.

My heavy duty aluminum and Pelican cases have a few serious scuffs, I'd like to see one of these Plano cases. Pad lock area maybe looks a little light IMO. But it'd be nice to trim some weight sometimes.

Guy on tradtalk liked it enough to post a review and bought 2.  For $65 it’s probably a good deal. 

Like to see some actual "I flew with my $1500 worth of bow to my once in a lifetime hunt" reviews; rather than " took my uber cool ar 15 and all the cool crap going to a range" reports on amazon.

I had some kind of tractor/fork lift/conveyor mark on my Pelican 2 years ago. Have no idea what happens to this stuff once in airport bowels and out of sight.:dontknow:

• Like 3

Can’t go wrong with SKB. I had one but sold it as a package deal with my old bow to a buddy. I hate flying and don’t plan on doing any with my bow anytime soon so I’ve been getting buy with a cheap Plano. Works well enough for riding in the pickup. If I had to fly again with my bow I’d probably go SKB again. Flew 2 times with my old one and had no problems.

So I was curious. Any destination hunt I did I've driven. Farthest from here probably was NW Oklahoma. I asked a hunter I respect that has done the super slam with a bow and has hunted other continents too. He uses skb double bow case in US. International flights uses a less conspicuous large padded duffle style with wheels. Packs bow in bottom compartment well stuffed to protect it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have that Plano All Weather case and I'm a big fan.  I haven't flown with it yet but it's taken many trips to league and 3D and been knocked around pretty good with no issues.  I'm confident it will work well on a plane.  That case is a lot more rugged than my golf club case and that always seems to make it in tact.