New Turkey Slayer

Doughboysigep

Can't wait to run some rounds through my "new" Mossberg Turkey Slayer 500.  Started with a Mossberg 500 slug gun and basically kept the receiver, tube, and scope.  Added a Blackhawk Knoxx SpecOps gen II tactical stock/forend, 20" aftermarket barrel & Hevishot choke, and a Slogan Outdoors magnum sling.  Had most of it hydrodipped in Spring Mimicry camo.  I have to say, I love the way it looks and with the adjustable stock & pistol grip, it iXCamera-20180415_184520.thumb.jpg.56fcc3cb8b13334cfa2a73657432236a.jpgs real comfortable.  Very happy with the whole project.  Had the hydrodipping done locally at K & K Kustomz Hydrographics - highly recommend them, they are very good to work with and they put out a great product.

20180413_151523.jpg

• Like 6

haven't really worked it much.  it is a bit awkward.  I just slide thumb up and around - hopefully will have it off well in advance of any gobblers showing up.  there was some talk of and awkward slide release with the pistol grip - but that seems to be a non issue since you can rack one in before you get going by reaching thumb over top of the stock/receiver.