Pics of your Soybean plots

I will be planting a some in a couple more weeks, mixed in with winter wheat and white clover.  Planting them late like that times their period of maximum attractiveness (green and growing), with archery season.  When planted earlier like those in your photo, the least attractive phase (brown-out) occurs thru archery season.  

The later-planted soybeans provide and early "candy-like" attraction to foodplots,  then the wheat fills in and holds the deer throughout later archery season and into gun season.  The following year, the wheat is bush-hogged prior to going to seed, and the white clover fills in and holds the deer on the plots for several more years.  I have used Austrian winter peas similarly, but they are costly and I can always score free soybean seed after normal planting dates.   The green soybeans are even more effective than the AWP at drawing deer, but they do not survive the frost.  Thats no big deal for me, because usually they have served their purpose (get deer using the plots) before that occurs anyhow. 

Your soybeans look spectacular, and they should produce plenty of pods, for a good late season / post season food source.  I rely on field-corn for that, because it has the added bonus on cover to hold the deer on my ground during daylight hours.  It also provides lots of carbs when they need it most, but not nearly as much protein as soybeans.       

The beans that I’ve planted the past three years are Real WorldWildlife Soybeans. Not the cheapest soybeans to plant, but the past three years of production of beans are worth it ... Thank you to Tod Avery. You sir are a solid source of information and those that know you are appreciative of your commitment to us food plot Peps and can’t thank you enough. 

• Like 1