Parking in the park on the side of the road in Adirondacks

Hunter007

Been  planning a trip up there 

And wanted to know all about where you can and cant park in the Adirondacks and came across this article. 

https://dailygazette.com/article/2018/09/17/on-road-parking-banned-near-roaring-brook-falls-in-adirondacks

So anyone no exactly the regulations up there or  it just depends on what road you are on .

I'm thinking about doing a 1 day hunt around caroga lake area .

Since it's the closest to home for me .  

Edited by Storm914

They have some local specific regs where there is a lot of traffic, especially along Rt 73 in/out of Keene Valley; a few other popular trailheads. They are marked, its mostly popular hiking spots that are being targeted.

But you won't have any issues by Caroga Lake area and up along RT10 or 29A

Hunted in Shaker Mnt Wild Forest.....had a buddy with a cabin near the golf course in town.

• Like 1

I was on some state forest land, on the NW corner of the park, last weekend and there were no restrictions on parking.  There were signs up that said the roads are not maintained after December 1st.    These are gravel roads, not a main highway.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sits in trees said:

What kind of gun will you bring

I was up there Saturday came back Sunday no real time so I decided to  just bring my light weight single shot  really spent more time walking then hunting just scouting around its thick up there where I was at anyway no way you would get clean  shot farther then 50 60 yards in that area especially since the leaves were still on the trees . Want to go back when there is snow .

20181021_122251.jpg

20181021_114102.jpg

Edited by Storm914
  • Thanks 1

I was up there Saturday came back Sunday no real time so I decided to  just bring my light weight single shot  really spent more time walking then hunting just scouting around its thick up there where I was at anyway no way you would get clean  shot farther then 50 60 yards in that area especially since the leaves were still on the trees . Want to go back when there is snow .
20181021_122251.thumb.jpg.da8c42f47b92e2ec3525e084cadcb8f2.jpg
20181021_114102.thumb.jpg.e96977717531ced18af3e74a10e51792.jpg

Did you get it to fire reliably?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Did you get it to fire reliably?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes tried  brenneke ko  slugs .  No problems . And Some bird shot no problems .

I did not bother trying the sluggers again tho

Anyway I talked to them they again 

ask if they would install the new fire pin and  spring  for me because I did not want to take apart a new gun that I dont have any experience with they said know  problem .they 

will  put a new pin and spring  for me if I want . I said I rather not  send it back for them to change until after hunting season is over . 

They said fine by them  not a problem. 

Ask about turn around time they said  that's a easy fix usally can be done in the same day they get it  . 

They have good support at least got back to me right away . I got no  complaints . The gun it self is  very solidly built  locks up tight.

You would think it would cost more then it does really .

Edited by Storm914

May I ask the area you hunted up that way? Plenty of public land out that way. Hunted around Benson a few times. Couldn't tell you the name of the roads I was on, long time ago. I have hunted Peck Hill a few times as well. Favorite spot for Pecks was on 29 across from a restaurant. There's a couple trails from the pull off. Head left you get into some nasty blowdown, head right, and get off the trail you may  end up at a small pond. I spent an hour watching a nice 8 find every tree or bush he could find to stop behind across that pond so I couldn't get a shot. Was a good day.

14 hours ago, Rob... said:

May I ask the area you hunted up that way? Plenty of public land out that way. Hunted around Benson a few times. Couldn't tell you the name of the roads I was on, long time ago. I have hunted Peck Hill a few times as well. Favorite spot for Pecks was on 29 across from a restaurant. There's a couple trails from the pull off. Head left you get into some nasty blowdown, head right, and get off the trail you may  end up at a small pond. I spent an hour watching a nice 8 find every tree or bush he could find to stop behind across that pond so I couldn't get a shot. Was a good day.

Yea I know I was Around Canada lake  .

There are trails and public land all over it is  overwhelming .

It's a good time to me  just exploring  so much public land like that .

Even if I did not see anything. 

I would like to go back anyway . 

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1