So close...

chrisw

Well, on my way home from fishing I was staring into the woods and saw a nice buck about 75 yds into the woods just standing and staring. I spun around and sure enough still there, I figured the truck would spook him, nope. A few minutes later a big doe stood up, aha, now it makes sense. I drove up the road a bit to see where the state land started/stopped. They were on public! I grabbed a camo vest and my bow and made a loop around them, there was another buck in there too but the bigger one was keeping him at Bay. I got to 55-60 yds and the doe had me pinned. It was too thick to take a shot, eventually the doe trotted off with both bucks in tow... Damnit! The good news is I got a few good pics with my DSLR.bigbuck5.jpegbigbuck3.jpegIMG_20181116_165359_308.jpegIMG_20181116_165359_296.jpegbigbuck2.jpeg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 17

Quality shot placement! 

I figured at least if I couldn't kill him I'd get pics as evidence. The pics came out alright, it definitely portrays the typical locked down buck/doe scene. I'd be happier to lock him in my garage tonight though.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk