New York State License Card

RobC

I finally got my card after hearing about it for the last two years they finally sent me my lifetime license card. I was beginning to think it was just a myth. Now when my wallet goes through the wash and dryer I won't need to get a new one.

Was talking to my neighbor when he got his in the mail...none of ours has arrived yet....I can see where it would be nicer to carry for fishing...but dang...I carry only one credit card....for I loose things faster than the Bills during season... ;) ;D ....I hope they aren't something you need to purchase to replace :( ....lol

What is a lifetime license card. Basically a license on credit card type material? Do you get it automatically or have to apply for one? My son has had a lifetime license since he was 5, 18 now doesn't have anything.

Exactly what it is. No you don't have to request it they said they were going to start sending them out a year or two ago to everyone I guess they're just getting around to it now. My dad and I both got them at the same time and we both have the same name and I got mine and he hasn't so I don't know how they are sending them maybe just random.

I got one, and then about a month later I got another one.  Called the DEC and the girl said to throw one away.  I don't think so.  I put it away with my important papers so if I lose the one I don't have to pay $5 for another! :)

What is a lifetime license card. Basically a license on credit card type material? Do you get it automatically or have to apply for one? My son has had a lifetime license since he was 5, 18 now doesn't have anything.

I am in the same boat.  I have had my lifetime for 5 years now and i still don't have a card.  Maybe a letter to DEC is a good idea.

• 3 weeks later...