SUPER CONGRESS???

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/23/super-congress-debt-ceiling_n_907887.html

The U.S. as we know it may soon cease to exist.  This is not hyperbole.

Despite the seeming ease in which they have begun to implement the economic shock treatment, the country has yet to experience the real assault.  I can hardly wait to see how the middle class will react to the end of the homeowners mortgage tax exemption, not to mention that home prices will deflate another 25% or so, AND millions more will lose their homes.

All the bull about the “lesser depression”, or what to call this economic crisis, will be meaningless, as we will be entering greater and greater depression territory.  Old people and the disabled with insufficient funds will starve.  People without jobs or hope will commit suicide (they already are).  The media will hardly notice, or if they do, only to throw out scare stories about terrorists in the “homeland.”

The U.S. has not seen significant domestic disorder since the 1960s. The time is now approaching for major disorder, and they are ready.  The entire apparatus for a police state has been erected: massive surveillance, “joint” fusion centers, military units working with “civil defense”, etc.

Only thing they fear, and even expect… societal fightback.  Things are going to get real ugly America.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/23/super-congress-debt-ceiling_n_907887.html

The U.S. as we know it may soon cease to exist.  This is not hyperbole.

Despite the seeming ease in which they have begun to implement the economic shock treatment, the country has yet to experience the real assault.  I can hardly wait to see how the middle class will react to the end of the homeowners mortgage tax exemption, not to mention that home prices will deflate another 25% or so, AND millions more will lose their homes.

All the bull about the “lesser depression”, or what to call this economic crisis, will be meaningless, as we will be entering greater and greater depression territory.  Old people and the disabled with insufficient funds will starve.  People without jobs or hope will commit suicide (they already are).  The media will hardly notice, or if they do, only to throw out scare stories about terrorists in the “homeland.”

The U.S. has not seen significant domestic disorder since the 1960s. The time is now approaching for major disorder, and they are ready.  The entire apparatus for a police state has been erected: massive surveillance, “joint” fusion centers, military units working with “civil defense”, etc.

Only thing they fear, and even expect… societal fightback.  Things are going to get real ugly America.

Why don't you quit with all the political crap and stick to hunting? I don't logon to get depressed so please give us a break. I am sure if you try you can find something good to post that may be up lifting and not depressing.

Dave

Perhaps you shouldn't read posts in this forum if you want to be apathetic about the future.  The electorate's aversion to the unpleasant reality of our run away governent, is exactly what allows this type of outrage to happen.

Perhaps you shouldn't read posts in this forum if you want to be apathetic about the future.  The electorate's aversion to the unpleasant reality of our run away governent, is exactly what allows this type of outrage to happen.

I know exactly whats happening in our Gov't it's on the news, radio. I read about it everyday. Just don't want to read it on this site.

Dave

Consider what could become of your gun ownership rights and hunting privileges if this is allowed to happen.  Make no mistake, without strong opposition, it IS going to happen.

Like I said, this is the poltical discussion forum.  If you don't want to read about it on this site, don't read this forum. 

I promise you, when, and if, I find anything positive to post for you, I will.

Consider what could become of your gun ownership rights and hunting privileges if this is allowed to happen.  Make no mistake, without strong opposition, it IS going to happen.

Like I said, this is the poltical discussion forum.  If you don't want to read about it on this site, don't read this forum. 

I won't hold my breath. The next time I see Mr. VJP posting I will pass it by.

Dave

I'd appreciate that very much.

Hear no evil, See no evil, Speak no evil, is how most of America's population tries to get by.  How's that working out for you?

Many generations of Americans fought and died for the freedoms we now cherish.  It galls me that the current generations don't seem to give a hoot about their posterity.  I doubt future American generations will look back on ours with fond respect.

I won't hold my breath. The next time I see Mr. VJP posting I will pass it by.

Dave

Why didn't you just pass it by this time?.. There are tons of other threads on this forum... you certainly don't have to read the ones you aren't interested in... and as long as VJP keeps them civil and posts in the appropriate place.. he has every right to post his opinions... You don't want anyone telling you what bucks you can kill, but you're ok telling him what and where he can post.

Joe, I took his post as a request.  Not a very tactful one, but a request.

Sometimes the correct response to a request is, "Request Denied."

IMHO, more people need to engage in current events, if the government is going to worry about what the people have to say at all.  You may see, hear and read about all of the issues today, but if you don't get involved, you lose.  And the loss is not just for you, but all future generations of Americans.

I don't take my freedom for granted, having seen too many attacks on it, succeed in my lifetime.  I guess some haven't lived long enough, or paid enough attention, to care.  It's fine to escape into hunting for a while, but that escape has to be temporary in order to be healthy.

Read these posts when you come back from the escape, but ignore them at your own expense.

I think people pay just enough attention to get part of the information... and make themselves dangerously ignorant to what is really going on...

Joe why do you always assume that people are ignorant and you have all the answers? How do you know what people think?  I guess TONTO JOE knows all and the rest of you are ignorant of what is going on. Astounded that you can make such a statement with nothing to back it up. You under estimate people that's your major fault.

Dave

I use the current state of our gov't to my advantage. Everytime I buy a gun or camping gear, camo and fishing stuff etc etc I tell the misses I'm just preparing for the apocalyspe. Or a zombie outbreak.

I think people pay just enough attention to get part of the information... and make themselves dangerously ignorant to what is really going on...

Joe why do you always assume that people are ignorant and you have all the answers? How do you know what people think?  I guess TONTO JOE knows all and the rest of you are ignorant of what is going on. Astounded that you can make such a statement with nothing to back it up. You under estimate people that's your major fault.

Dave

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's probably a duck... My statement is backed up every time you post Dave... it's not about having all the answers... it's about understanding the question... something you rarely do... so it would be hard for you to have any of the answers... that is YOUR major fault... along with only being able to resort to 2nd grade name calling when you have no intelligent response to offer... I don't assume anyone is ignorant until they prove that they are lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified... I believe that is the definition of ignorant... and if the shoe fits... oh well

Dave

[/quote

Dave

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's probably a duck... My statement is backed up every time you post Dave... it's not about having all the answers... it's about understanding the question... something you rarely do... so it would be hard for you to have any of the answers... that is YOUR major fault... along with only being able to resort to 2nd grade name calling when you have no intelligent response to offer... I don't assume anyone is ignorant until they prove that they are lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified... I believe that is the definition of ignorant... and if the shoe fits... oh well

You made a general statement people only get part of the information and it makes them dangerously ignorant of what is going on.  You must be a mind reader you know what people think. I guess only you know what's going on in this world and everyone else is  an idiot. Back that up !!!!! Joe you think very highly of your self too bad others don't share that opinion. I guess every site has a know it all, and we have you unfortunately. Probably in real life no one cares what you have to say, so you try to get people to listen to you on this site. I feel sorry for you, if this is the best you can do. You think you are the Ann Landers of hunting.

Dave

Considering you have not posted one single reply in this thread that actually addresses the subject, it is pretty hard to imagine you have any understanding of it, or any intelligent counter reply to debate with.

Every one of your posts here is simply derogatory, or an insult.  That being the case, although you claim to know the issues, you have yet to post anything that would lead one to believe you do.

Perhaps you are the one who needs to back that up.  There is a difference between a "know it all" and being a well informed individual who can easily discuss a given subject.  Slinging insults during a debate usually indicates a total lack of understanding about the subject.

Considering you have not posted one single reply in this thread that actually addresses the subject, it is pretty hard to imagine you have any understanding of it, or any intelligent counter reply to debate with.

Every one of your posts here is simply derogatory, or an insult.  That being the case, although you claim to know the issues, you have yet to post anything that would lead one to believe you do.

Perhaps you are the one who needs to back that up.  There is a difference between a "know it all" and being a well informed individual who can easily discuss a given subject.  Slinging insults during a debate usually indicates a total lack of understanding about the subject.

I believe discussing politics is a no win situation. I do have my opinions and keep them to myself. Maybe you should do the same, I hope you don't consider that an insult. I don't remember insulting you, so I don't know what you are taking offense too. Or do you need Joe to step in and defend you, we all know he is never wrong about anything. He knows the answers and the meanings to the questions.

Dave

Dave

Joking aside this is an important time for our country, it makes me hate politicians more and more every day to watch them ALL waste time. The sames ones that had no problem voting for a debt ceiling raise last time are fighting it this time because it is important to their re-election, god forbid any of them cut spending to any of their pet projects ever.

again how dare you post political ideas on a political forum.  It is sad that a few on here get a bee under their bonnets and need to attack others.  This isnt survivor outwit outlast outplay.  Get over your bad selves

I believe discussing politics is a no win situation. I do have my opinions and keep them to myself. Maybe you should do the same, I hope you don't consider that an insult. I don't remember insulting you, so I don't know what you are taking offense too. Or do you need Joe to step in and defend you, we all know he is never wrong about anything. He knows the answers and the meanings to the questions.

Dave

Dave

Because you have nothing useful to say ...instead of just keeping your political opinion to your self you can keep your personal insults to yourself as well. Oh.. unless you have an intelligent arguement to back up why

I am wrong about what I say... Unlike you I only answer the questions and talk on the subjects I know something about.... you might notice I don't comment on a lot of the threads because I have nothing to offer there... you should do the same... but then again if you did that we'd never hear from you again ;D

The funny part is Dave has no clue he has all the power.  Simple solution dont click on this forum problem solved.  But of course he would go to another forum and attemtp to show his vast intelligence and superior mind set on all topics and tell us what we should and should not post.  I always thought that was a moderators job. 

The funny part is Dave has no clue he has all the power.  Simple solution dont click on this forum problem solved.  But of course he would go to another forum and attemtp to show his vast intelligence and superior mind set on all topics and tell us what we should and should not post.  I always thought that was a moderators job.

Good morning Bubba,

You are right I should just pass these political discussions by if I don't agree or want to comment. As far as the complement on my vast intelligence and superior mind set  I think you went too far. I just post my opinion like every one else. Believe it or not I have learned a lot from some of the hunters on this site and I respect their opinions even if it's in opposition to my own. The point I was (TRYING) to make was there could be a STAND ALONE thread for just POLITICS. This was just MHO to separate hunting politics from any other type politics. Just look at how many hunting threads there are it's not just hunting, there are many catagoies . Sorry if my suggestion bothered you, only a suggestion..

Dave

the only suggestion I that I didnt like was the one telling others you are not liking the political things on a political forum and asking others not to post them and attack when they say no.  Otherwise it is all good.