Buried in snow

Robhuntandfish

On 2/27/2019 at 8:28 AM, Stay at home Nomad said:

Good luck Rob.

Not to hyjack, thought guys might like to see this. It was a couple years ago in my town along Lake Ontario .

4CC289F9-FF3B-4433-8F72-528F3AAE568E.png

Saw this scrolling on local news.made me think of this pic  

https://www.whec.com/news/iced-in-lake-ontario-cabin-frozen-solid/5262964/?cat=565

Edited by doebuck1234

Damnit!!!! Wasted snow day today....good 4-5” in 3S would have certainly closed the schools but alas it is Saturday so no school regardless!
Fingers crossed from Monday!!
Enjoy it and be safe if your working in it or around it today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Damnit!!!! Wasted snow day today....good 4-5” in 3S would have certainly closed the schools but alas it is Saturday so no school regardless!

Yea this isn’t good for golf courses opening mid March. Today’s will melt but Sundays may stay for a while. Next week looks cold

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

How the school doing on snow days.  Most here are out or have one left.  Cuomo said the day we had that crazy wind that taking a snow day for that wind wouldn't be counted against the school. What cracks me up is no one believed him and it didn't make sense since how is he gonna have it covered.... Lol.  Superintendents were all saying ....what the hell does that even mean?  

Hope you got a couple days to spare as some schools here are already looking to shorten April break. Which never works too well cause a lot to the students won't come in anyway.   If they try it at the end of the year then no one comes in. 

We have two left to burn I believe. Took one “shit day” as heavy rains backed up the sewage into our first floor. Also had a snow day Earlier. Get one back (prob connected to Easter Monday or Memorial Day).
This is actually the first year we have in our contract to “get one back.” In the past, if we don’t use it we lose it aka work extra days. Unions don’t love that so....

• Like 1

2 hour delay for me ... not sure this one is actually coming. I’m so sick of them being so wrong so often.

Hope it misses us. Cold weather all week coming. I want snow gone so golf
Courses can open up

5 minutes ago, crappyice said:

2 hour delay for me ... not sure this one is actually coming. I’m so sick of them being so wrong so often.

Its not doing anything down there?  Snowing real good here since 4ish...

Just now, doebuck1234 said:

Snowing here lightly in western ny.looks like you guys are getting the brunt of this one!

I guess so huh? I guess 3-5” or 4-8” so not too bad, beats the 6-12”, and 12”+ i was hearing briefly.  I will be here at work all night again either way, we’ll see what happens

5 minutes ago, Bionic said:

I guess so huh? I guess 3-5” or 4-8” so not too bad, beats the 6-12”, and 12”+ i was hearing briefly.  I will be here at work all night again either way, we’ll see what happens

1-3" for us.agree'd on the 12+.im ready for an april 1st trout opener!safe travels!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, doebuck1234 said:

1-3" for us.agree'd on the 12+.im ready for an april 1st trout opener!safe travels!!!!

Thanks! And yesssss bring on trout season! My dad, and would ALWAYS go for YEARS.  We make homemade meatballs, and grab fresh club rolls, and make sausage/peppers too sometimes.  We bring a white gas camp stove, and fish, and have a nice hot lunch near the stream.  We missed the last 4 openers due to the passing of my grandma, and then it seems to be soaking rain, and high water since! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Thanks! And yesssss bring on trout season! My dad, and would ALWAYS go for YEARS.  We make homemade meatballs, and grab fresh club rolls, and make sausage/peppers too sometimes.  We bring a white gas camp stove, and fish, and have a nice hot lunch near the stream.  We missed the last 4 openers due to the passing of my grandma, and then it seems to be soaking rain, and high water since! 

Very nice!gma had different plans for you gents apparently!(sry for the loss)...seems like thats how its been.i live across the street from oatka creek.well known for browns.looked good today but come opener it will be rolling good as always

• Like 1