Meatless Friday’s

crappyice

9 hours ago, Elmo said:

What about chicken?  I'm not religious so I don't claim to be an expert.  I over heard a co-worker talking about chicken and so I mentioned the no meat thing and she said that chicken was ok.  I took her word for it.

Chicken is meat, so no on that.   I think even chicken flavor powder would be a no.  

Edited by Otto

On 3/8/2019 at 4:29 PM, crappyice said:

Any of you chowderheads follow the “no meat Friday” during Lent? If so I would be curious if some of your dinners.

I am making this tonight for the first time

http://www.lifeasastrawberry.com/spicy-vegan-jambalaya/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope my biggest pet peeve is why no one offers steak dinners on friday and everyone pushes fish.. the smell alone makes me sick from fish fries... 

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 6:21 PM, Otto said:

AH!!!!  That reminds me of my favorite of all....Peas and Eggs.  Sauté an onion, add a can of baby peas with liquid, add a little chopped tomato, bring to a low simmer for half an hour or so.   Then turn up the heat to a slow boil and crack in a couple of eggs.  Let them set up and eat it with good hearty Italian bread.  King’s food!  I eat the entire portion, mostly because no one else likes it,,,,,,

Damn  !!  That sounds disgusting, Tony  !!  I am going to have to try it  !!...Hehehe....

Speaking of the Fagioli,   Years ago I ate lunch often  in a little bar/grill on market street in Corning...The proprier's  father was from the old country, and cooked in the bar...

On Fridays he would come out to the bar and ask the customers,  " You wanta Fazool  ?......

Spaghetti and clams, lasagna, shrimp scampi, fresh baked salmon, fish fry, etc, etc.  I love all kinds of seafood so it's no big sacrifice.

So of course I totally forgot this past Friday and scarfed down a full plate of chicken parmigiana! :haha:

• Like 1

AH!!!!  That reminds me of my favorite of all....Peas and Eggs.  Sauté an onion, add a can of baby peas with liquid, add a little chopped tomato, bring to a low simmer for half an hour or so.   Then turn up the heat to a slow boil and crack in a couple of eggs.  Let them set up and eat it with good hearty Italian bread.  King’s food!  I eat the entire portion, mostly because no one else likes it,,,,,,

14f9772541def6566900a3cd3e5485e6.jpg
Next Friday....I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1