Baseball 2020 thread

BizCT

32 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

why add fuel to the fire? astros have a great team. why give them extra runners on base? why risk suspension when astros players weren't suspended? it's a lose-lose. astros will end up winning 95+ games. BOOK IT

Just thinking the very first game first pitch opening day wouldn't be surprised if they throw behind first batter. 

And I don't think they win 95 but make the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Just thinking the very first game first pitch opening day wouldn't be surprised if they throw behind first batter. 

And I don't think they win 95 but make the playoffs. 

Hit George Springer and then have to face Brantley, Bregman, Altuve, Yordan, Correa, Gurriel, etc.? Yikes. That's an easy way to give up a crooked number and start your season 0-1 and tax the bullpen early for the Angels who are finally trying to compete for an AL West title. That's how you get swept to start the season.

37 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

You better win one this year, because if the Sox win 80+ games this year rebuilding we will serious contenders again in 2021. Yes, JBJ Benny and Verdugo is a good enough OF to win a WS especially when you have Xman, Devers, Chavis, and JD Martinez also in the lineup. We just need a starter or two next year

Sox will be good this season. No easy win in the division either way. Esp with all the Yanks injury issues. I like when the red Sox are good. It makes the rivaly better.

2 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Sox will be good this season. No easy win in the division either way. Esp with all the Yanks injury issues. I like when the red Sox are good. It makes the rivaly better.

Rays are better than Sox too, right now at least. 

Sox/Astros was turning into a nice rivalry playing each other last 2 playoffs until we shit the bed last year. 

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Hit George Springer and then have to face Brantley, Bregman, Altuve, Yordan, Correa, Gurriel, etc.? Yikes. That's an easy way to give up a crooked number and start your season 0-1 and tax the bullpen early for the Angels who are finally trying to compete for an AL West title. That's how you get swept to start the season.

I don't think they hit anyone and get suspended but can see a throw behind. They are sure gonna face a lot of boing this year.  Maybe it actually brings them together , but surprised more wasn't done. A lot of players not too happy about it .  

2 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I don't think they hit anyone and get suspended but can see a throw behind. They are sure gonna face a lot of boing this year.  Maybe it actually brings them together , but surprised more wasn't done. A lot of players not too happy about it .  

Yea, that's the problem. No astros suspended so now if you hit them you get suspended. I think astros want to prove they can win without cheating and win a ton of games this year

12 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Their Division got better,
Cole gone, all the drama,
I’ll take the under

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm not willing to hold that bet. My only surefire bets is that Benintendi scores 100 runs and out "WAR"'s Mr. Infidelity, Brett Gardner!

Injury wise, the Yankees are picking right up where they left off last year! So much for revamping the training staff.

On 2/25/2020 at 5:06 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Mr. Infidelity, Brett Gardner!

Gardy's never even met that psycho woman. C'mon man.........

38 minutes ago, grampy said:

Injury wise, the Yankees are picking right up where they left off last year! So much for revamping the training staff.

Gardy's never even met that psycho woman. C'mon man.........

It sucks, however neither Severino nor Stanton contributed anything to a 103 win season last year

• Like 1

This is how I know youre a new Sox fan, ring smack talk lol

5-4 yanks in my lifetime. I won’t count my ‘88 ring with Dykstra and the Mets.

6-4 in your life I assume? The rest of the yanks rings were before the titanic sank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nasty Nate Eovaldi has looked electric this spring. If Sale can start by April 7th and do well along with Eovaldi and E-Rod we may have a slight chance at the wildcard. A hot April would really be fun!

On 2/27/2020 at 6:04 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

5-4 yanks in my lifetime. I won’t count my ‘88 ring with Dykstra and the Mets.

6-4 in your life I assume? The rest of the yanks rings were before the titanic sank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. I get credit for all since Ive never switched the teams I root for

Edited by The_Real_TCIII