20 gauge 2 3/4 duck shell??????

Al Bundy

This coming weekend I have the next generation hunters coming out for ducks with me. One young woman who comes from a deer hunting family. Her father gave her a  spare 12 gauge to use even though it was painful for her to shoot.  I am taking an old 20 gauge feather light Ithaca out of retirement for her as I think that would be much better on her shoulder and make for a much more pleasant hunt. I realize a 20 gauge 2 3/4in gun does not have the best range. I debating on her using the 12 and having a better chance of knocking something down, but I think the lack of pain with the 20 would be a better way to go.  Anyone use or see this ammo on the shelves? It seems nearly impossible to find.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The 12 was not an auto.  I am also not sure on the 20 kick. The good news is Mrs. Bundy has been sleeping late, leaving her Rem 20 auto loader unused.   She going to be buying this gun soon I think. I didnt end up needing to use the old featherlite. I found the receipt for it though! another post coming.