bhunterED

Anyone ever hunt the NYC watershed areas?

Just curious if anybody hunts or has hunted the NYC watershed properties around Delhi and South Kortright areas. I have to work out that way tomorrow and since I have my permit figured I may check it out.

2017 Hoyt Pro Defiat, Axcel Armortech HD, TruBall, Easton Aftermath, QAD HDX, BuckSlayer Custom Strings, Upwind Field Staff, https://huntupwind.com/?mref=1326

South Kortright is approx. 15 minutes from my camp. The whole area offers good hunting and good deer numbers but cant say im familiar with the watershed land. What road is the watershed on?

I do some turkey hunting on quite a few of them. I usually see a lot of deer sign but I just never get back to deer hunt them. Some of them get road hunted pretty hard.

• Like 1

I didn't see much deer sign in Bramley Mountain. Pink Street along Scutt Mountain Road had lots of deer sign but also has a lot of road frontage. I recommend areas with little road frontage and a difficult hike in and or a drag out. 

I hunted Ashokan land once never again between there being no less than 20 people within sight of me anywhere I went despite only one other car being parked there and dep cops harassing me every time they saw me even if the same guys checked me a half hour ago 

The Ashokan is pretty and the Esopus is open for fishing until Nov 30 so it attracts hikers and anglers. And DEP cops. You will definitely need the car and personal permit.

I've never seen a DEP cop on any of the land in Delhi. Or a car tag in any car.I really don't think the tags stop anyone from going in. It certainly doesn't stop them from shooting from the car at night.

I would avoid Scutt Mountain as the DEC drops pheasants there and it gets a lot of pressure.  

Good luck.