Squirrel gun

ruger 10/22 with a simmons .22 mag adjustable. can't beat it. Only complaint I have is that I've been through a few mags as they start to fail to load after a period of time.
IMG_6797.thumb.jpg.4f4f72aeca7b2d422ce20f51bdb5672d.jpg

Are you offering that to me cuz that will work!!! Good shooting! What did you make?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My single shot H&R .410. I love that thing. And I mistreat it like no other.

I have one of those as well and it is one heck of a squirrel gun! Other than my savage model 24 in 22lr over 410 it’s my most used squirrel getter.

That’s another option is the newer savage model 42 in 22 over 410. If I had to pick one squirrel getter for the rest of my life a 22 over 410 would definitely be it!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the input and info.

Does the Ruger 10/22 or Remington 597 hit the used market frequently? What’s the best online used market?

I am not a “gun guy” at all so truly have no idea.

https://www.armslist.com/posts/10797551/hudson-valley-new-york-gun-parts-for-sale--ruger-10-22-barrel

Keep an eye on armslist. I don’t know how to post a link on Tapatalk but there’s one for $65 on there . SORRY that’s just a barrel,but they always pop up on there. Personally I’d get a new one they last forever.

Problem with used  ruger  10/22 is you have to be careful. Some used ones get sold do to barrel  getting shot out . Not a normal problem. Just know of a few that guys were ripping through 50 rd mags one after another. Then complained  they were losing accuracy. I know of 2 ,that guys picked up ,  that couldn't hold a baseball group at 50 yds. They both got great deals ... including multiple  banana clips to sweeten the deal.

Not the guns fault just stupid people.

• Like 1

It's pretty easy to check the condition on a .22 barrel.  If you don't see sharp lands and grooves it has had a lot of rounds through it and hasn't been properly maintained. 

Most often the barrel is not "shot out".  Ammo for a .22 LR is not hot enough, or fast enough, to remove the rifling in the bore.  The trouble is cause by the rifling filling up with lead.  Almost any .22 LR barrel can be brought back to life by removing the lead buildup in the bore.  It's not an easy process and requires time and effort, but the barrel can be cleaned, without a lot of expense, and the accuracy will return.

• Like 2