No excuses

sbuff

Shot some "No Excues's " bullets the other day in my White S91 -II, much thanks to SteveB .I am going to palce a order with Dave and get some bullets.

Does anyone think 460gr is to much for deer at 100yards or less? I currently use the 350gr FPB for deer now.

Doesn't matter out to 150 - or even further with practise and a range finder.

And they pact a ton of energy with only a mz velocity of 1200 to 1400 fps.

Site in about 2" high at 114 yds and you can hold dead on from 0 to 150yds.

These are pure lead conicals - over 1400 fps and you may start leading the barrel.

The 460gr conical with 80 gr of Triple 7 out of my Whites kick no more then a saboted round half that wght with 100 to 120 - which is needed for to gain a flatter trajectory. And the lighter bullet sheds energy far faster - especially on impact. Shoot what you want.

The 460gr conical with 80 gr of Triple 7 out of my Whites kick no more then a saboted round half that wght with 100 to 120 - which is needed to gain a flatter trajectory. And the lighter bullet sheds energy far faster - especially on impact. Shoot what you want.

I would think your trajectory with the 460 would be pretty curved with only 80 grains of 777.  You should be able to get the same velocity and trajectory with a 200 grain sabot, or a 240 grain conical with even less powder, say about 60 grains of 777.  That should also produce a lot less recoil.

True, energy bleeds faster with the lighter bullet, but 1000 ft lbs at 100 yards will punch right through a Whitetail.  Any extra energy has greater shock on the deer, but isn't needed to drop it IMHO.

I agree shoot what you want.  I just want the energy to do the job without a lot of noise and recoil.  I hunt with a 7mm-08 too, because I think a 7mm Wtby Mag is too much for the job too.

Need has nothing to do with it. You can kill them with a 22 if you want.

I wish it wasn't ! I have dropped more deer with my 22 mag than any other gun I own. Thats the way I was taught, and I didn't know any different until the game warden gave me an ear full.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive used NO Excuses conicals in both my white 98 in .451 and my Knight Mk-85.  I shot a buck with the 460 grain .503 conical out of the Knight at 110 yards. The bullet broke both front shoulders and exited.  He did one short leap and was down. I was using 95 grains of FFG Goex.  The .451 shot real well out of my White in both 460 grain and 385.  I shot a deer with the 385 and it polaxed her.  You can also use the .451 385 grainer in a sabot out of .50 cal guns. The bullets are high quality stuff.