Anything near Buffalo

Rev Ev

Not camping but when up your way visiting family, I often hike the Niagara Gorge trails with my dog. Alway's interesting stuff to see down there and from the rim.

A few hours south puts you in the Allegeny area both in NY and Pa.; several trails places to camp and such in the National Forest.

http://www.visitanf....utdoors/hiking/

Or go to the USDA forest Service site for more info.

Edited by Dinsdale

emery park, stiglemeyer park (or losson park)depending if you lived there before they renamed it( lot of tame deer and stuff lot of professional deer photographers there pics end up in magizines kind of funny), beaver meadows,spraguebrook park.grffith sculpture park alllows dogs, darien lake state park.... lots of places for hiking. .. Camping you'ld have to go private..jellystone,arrowhead,emerald acres or public Allegheny statepark

Edited by G-Man

Some good hiking trails at Hunters Creek Trail Park. Built for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riding, x-country skiing, geo cachers. Dogs are welcome. Nice place to get away for a couple hours with Fido and see some free ranging wildlife.

Trails are pretty rugged with a stretch running along a gorge to the creek.

I think it's about 750 acres total. You may see 6 other people there on a busy day.

Only person I ever saw camping there was......well.., me.lol

Only about 30 mins. from Buffalo

Edited by wooly